5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket amps

aram

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s best recommendation for using a plug and play processor to wire aftermarket amps. I’m looking at the Rockford dsp1 and axxess am dsp. Has anyone used either? Or is there better out there. I’ve used the lc7i in the past but don’t want to cut any wires

I went with the JL Audio XD700/5.

2efc0f3e67ef5a9242b92712ee9263da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichInMN

Reaction score
Question for all who have dealt with this...

I have the base 6 speakers system, I just purchased the PAC ANC-CH01 harness for $30. I have a basic LOC (rockford fosgate), is this all I will need or do I also need to get the AP4-CH41 r.2 ?
All I want to do is add a mono amp and sub.
The wire harness is all you will need, provided the LOC presents some load. If not, you will need some resistors in-line otherwise the head unit will presumably shut off its internal amp. If you need some resistors, I have some nice ones that I bought for this purpose around here somewhere that I didn't need.

Last edited:

rah6887

Reaction score
The wire harness is all you will need, provided the LOC presents some load. If not, you will need some resistors in-line otherwise the head unit will presumably shut off its internal amp. If you need some resistors, I have some nice ones that I bought for this purpose around here somewhere that I didn't need.
This LOC just has speaker outputs and a ground, so I assume it does not present any load.
So it's either get one that does, or obtain these resistors you speak of, that I am not familiar with.

RichInMN

Reaction score
This LOC just has speaker outputs and a ground, so I assume it does not present any load.
So it's either get one that does, or obtain these resistors you speak of, that I am not familiar with.
If you have a multimeter, you can check resistance across the speaker-level inputs... even a very slight load will do. Then again, you can just hook it up and see if it works! :cool:

If you end up needing some resistors to get things working, send me a PM and I'll drop a pair in the mail.

rah6887

Reaction score
If you have a multimeter, you can check resistance across the speaker-level inputs... even a very slight load will do. Then again, you can just hook it up and see if it works! :cool:

If you end up needing some resistors to get things working, send me a PM and I'll drop a pair in the mail.
Thank you very much for the advice.
I do have a multimeter, will definitely check it, if I can figure out the proper setting, and what to look for on the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread