5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Amp Locations

Nickv1214

Reaction score
3A2105E4-C0C8-4FE8-9EAC-012CCF9B21DD.jpeg
I have a 2019, 5.7 ETorque, and today I decided to remove everything to access behind the seats to see if I could maybe move my 4 channel amp and sub amp behind the rear seats . As of now, I have both amps taking up both sides in the floor cubby’s . I really want the space in the cubby back but I noticed this 48v Battery Box on the driver side , for all this ETorque stuff so I would only have enough room to mount the 4 channel amp .It must be a little easier for people who don’t have the 48v battery box because without that it would have been a real easy job . Just looking to see what other people have done or any other ideas

Attachments

• B582959D-7AAC-438A-94B0-804F52CDA89A.jpeg
    B582959D-7AAC-438A-94B0-804F52CDA89A.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 79

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 57724
I have a 2019, 5.7 ETorque, and today I decided to remove everything to access behind the seats to see if I could maybe move my 4 channel amp and sub amp behind the rear seats . As of now, I have both amps taking up both sides in the floor cubby’s . I really want the space in the cubby back but I noticed this 48v Battery Box on the driver side , for all this ETorque stuff so I would only have enough room to mount the 4 channel amp .It must be a little easier for people who don’t have the 48v battery box because without that it would have been a real easy job . Just looking to see what other people have done or any other ideas
So I have a JL 1500 mono block mounted on the passenger side and I have saw people who had a smaller one mounted under the rear seat on the flat portion of the floor.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
So I have a JL 1500 mono block mounted on the passenger side and I have saw people who had a smaller one mounted under the rear seat on the flat portion of the floor.
Yeah I tried messing around with my 1800.1
Mono kicker on the passenger side but it’s just too long to really fit it , the 4 channel would fit on the passenger side no problem though .

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Yeah I tried messing around with my 1800.1
Mono kicker on the passenger side but it’s just too long to really fit it , the 4 channel would fit on the passenger side no problem though .
So they fit in the cubbies currently but won’t fit on the back wall anywhere?

Nibis

Reaction score
I ordered the Fox, dual 10" sealed setup, I will be mounting the amp to the back of the sub box. You should be able to mount your 4ch where the factory sub would go

Nickv1214

Reaction score
I ordered the Fox, dual 10" sealed setup, I will be mounting the amp to the back of the sub box. You should be able to mount your 4ch where the factory sub would go
I have the fox box for dual 12s and there is no room to mount on the back of the sub box . The back of the sub box butts up with the floor .

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Yeah with the 48v battery box there is no room behind the seat . The. 4 channel amp will fit no problem but the mono amp no way .
What cubbies do you have these amps in currently? I guess that’s where I’m confused.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
What cubbies do you have these amps in currently? I guess that’s where I’m confused.
C98DA210-A7C1-437C-AE4E-DA3DB14CD995.jpeg
I circled both locations in red ... driver side I have the 4 channel and passenger side I have the mono . It’s not the end of the world but being I have no space under the seat to put anything because of the sub box losing both storage spaces in the floor kind of sucks .

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
View attachment 57801
I circled both locations in red ... driver side I have the 4 channel and passenger side I have the mono . It’s not the end of the world but being I have no space under the seat to put anything because of the sub box losing both storage spaces in the floor kind of sucks.
Oh yeah that sucks. So the longer monoblock one wont fit under the longer seat portion either?

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Oh yeah that sucks. So the longer monoblock one wont fit under the longer seat portion either?
Yeah that was going to be next hopefully this weekend I can get to that . Really the only option I have hopefully it fits on the flat portion but it’s definitely going to be tight . The 1800.1 kicker is definitely a “ longer “ amp and not that slim . Fingers crossed on that location

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
View attachment 57801
I circled both locations in red ... driver side I have the 4 channel and passenger side I have the mono . It’s not the end of the world but being I have no space under the seat to put anything because of the sub box losing both storage spaces in the floor kind of sucks .
What model kicker 1800 amp do you have? My JL amp is 2”x18”x7”

Nickv1214

Reaction score
What model kicker 1800 amp do you have? My JL amp is 2”x18”x7”
CXA 1800.1 2”x14”x7”
I’m going to give it a try under the seat . I wish that 48v battery box wasn’t there because I could
Of mounted both Nice behind the seat and been done . Is that battery box only a ETorque thing ?

Nibis

Reaction score
So, are you wanting to do something like this? This amp is installed where the factory sub would be if you had the Alpine or HK system

20191216_151858.jpg

Nibis

Reaction score
CXA 1800.1 2”x14”x7”
I’m going to give it a try under the seat . I wish that 48v battery box wasn’t there because I could
Of mounted both Nice behind the seat and been done . Is that battery box only a ETorque thing ?
Yes, the 48v battery is for eTorque

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Yeah I can easily fit one there no problem . I have my processor under my driver seat so that’s fine . I was just hoping to get both behind there not just one . I’m going to try and lay the second one flat on the floor and mount the other just like that

Nibis

Reaction score
Good luck, I just got done installing my Pac Amp Pro, RCA cable, Remote wire, and 4G power wire, so I'll be ready when my Fox Box comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread