5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket amp install

DO82

Reaction score
This has been discussed but I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. My question is, how do you wire in a aftermarket amp when bypassing the ANC using the PAC ANC-CH01 harness? Ie, pwr wire, rem, and RCA’s.

Can I install from this harness or do I need to use the PAC AMP-PRO for plug and play?

I have a 21 Bighorn with the Non alpine, no sub, 6 speaker system. I know it’s powered by the 8.4 and I don’t have an amp. The ANC is located under the drivers seat.

Thanks for the input in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sppb32

Reaction score
Get the module, it's pricey i know but it's worth it, you could wire some LOC on the speaker outputs but you have no other control over the frequencies of each speaker.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
This has been discussed but I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. My question is, how do you wire in a aftermarket amp when bypassing the ANC using the PAC ANC-CH01 harness? Ie, pwr wire, rem, and RCA’s.

Can I install from this harness or do I need to use the PAC AMP-PRO for plug and play?

I have a 21 Bighorn with the Non alpine, no sub, 6 speaker system. I know it’s powered by the 8.4 and I don’t have an amp. The ANC is located under the drivers seat.

Thanks for the input in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the APSUB-CH41 harness. If. You're only adding a sub, that harness is only like $129 and comes with the anc bypass harness as well. There's a 4 channel version as well. You're going to pay almost that for a anc harness and a decent LOC. It will give you 5v rca outputs and a remote amp turn on lead.

Radio is super easy to get out. 2 screws up by the cig lighter, and 4 that hold the radio's brain once you get the main bezel out.

Then it's a unplug, plug and you're done. Secured mine to the vent tube by the fuse block so that I can still access it to plug into a laptop and mess with the settings/firmware update if needed.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tpolitt1

Reaction score
I am just looking for the plug that goes into the existing amp. Is there a part number?

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I am just looking for the plug that goes into the existing amp. Is there a part number?
Guess that would just be the PAC ANC-CH01 for the anc and the APH-CH03 for connection to an aftermarket amp.

Idk for sure though. Seems like the harder route.

Last edited:

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
The AP-SUB is not an option for his truck. He has the base 6 speaker system. That only works on factory amplified trucks. He would have to run the AP4-CH41, which would require him to get a 5 channel amp since it cannot be configured for sub only on a non amplified radio. You can use the ANC-CH01 to bypass the noise canceling and use a line out converter to get a signal for RCAS. I just did this exact install last week, used the rear speakers at the ANC module under the seat after I utilized the ANC bypass. Not the way I’d prefer to do it, but the customer wanted bass with a budget.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
The AP-SUB is not an option for his truck. He has the base 6 speaker system. That only works on factory amplified trucks. He would have to run the AP4-CH41, which would require him to get a 5 channel amp since it cannot be configured for sub only on a non amplified radio. You can use the ANC-CH01 to bypass the noise canceling and use a line out converter to get a signal for RCAS. I just did this exact install last week, used the rear speakers at the ANC module under the seat after I utilized the ANC bypass. Not the way I’d prefer to do it, but the customer wanted bass with a budget.
The PAC site did not give limitations to which factory system you have. I just assumed the plug in the rear of the radio was the same. Can't confirm.

If I had the base system, I'd run a 5 channel. Too easy with the speaker wires already easily accessible under the seat.

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
I completely agree, I always try to encourage clients to run the 5 channel route when they have the base audio setup. The AP4 is such a good piece that it’s worth it, but I also understand sometimes there are budget constraints, and some people just want a sub and nothing more.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the name of the harness to add a sub. I’m contemplating doing this for a JL shallow mount 12” and JL sub in the stock alpine sub location. It’s going to be $900 if I build my own box, but I bet it will sound great.

ryanh1985

Reaction score
wish i would have read this a few weeks ago, 100% correct here.

Users who are viewing this thread