5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

after market tonneau cover

mdirads

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with Night Edition package, which includes a tri-fold tonneau cover. I'd like to install a Lomax Stance cover. Agri-cover website (agricover.com) posts a disclaimer on the order page which reads as follows:

NOTE: The cover will not fit trucks with OEM Tri-Fold Cover or Multifunction Tailgate.

I spoke with customer service, and the representative indicated that the Stance cover will not install with "silver colored" bed rails that are included with the OEM Mopar cover, and that I need to acquire the "black" rails so that I can install the Stance tonneau cover.

Interestingly, the Radco website (radco.com) does not mention any issues with the purchase of the Stance cover. I can make a purchase and be on my way according to Radco.

Anyone able to solve or explain this discrepancy?

Thanks!

George Bednar

Reaction score
I kind of when thru a similar situation. I have a 22 Limited that I installed the black utility rails on. I was told (cannot verify) the silver utility bars sit higher in the bed than the black. I installed a Cargo Manager bed divider system and the Bakflip MX4 and there are no issues

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited with Night Edition package, which includes a tri-fold tonneau cover. I'd like to install a Lomax Stance cover. Agri-cover website (agricover.com) posts a disclaimer on the order page which reads as follows:

NOTE: The cover will not fit trucks with OEM Tri-Fold Cover or Multifunction Tailgate.

I spoke with customer service, and the representative indicated that the Stance cover will not install with "silver colored" bed rails that are included with the OEM Mopar cover, and that I need to acquire the "black" rails so that I can install the Stance tonneau cover.

Interestingly, the Radco website (radco.com) does not mention any issues with the purchase of the Stance cover. I can make a purchase and be on my way according to Radco.

Anyone able to solve or explain this discrepancy?

Thanks!
Customer service has that backwards. The OEM tri-fold cover comes with the black rails. Most aftermarket covers won't work with black rails. It's likely you need the silver rails, which sit a little lower in the bed.

mdirads

Reaction score
I have no idea what the customer service rep was describing. I took pics of my bed and there are no silver or black rails. It’s just a bed. I should be able to install the cover without extra aggravation, correct?

Attachments

• IMG_1278.jpeg
    IMG_1278.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1277.jpeg
    IMG_1277.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1276.jpeg
    IMG_1276.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1275.jpeg
    IMG_1275.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 112

vinnieloo

Reaction score
I think it only matters if you have ramboxes or covers that use the utility rails. If you are clamping to the bed steel you should be fine.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the customer service rep was describing. I took pics of my bed and there are no silver or black rails. It’s just a bed. I should be able to install the cover without extra aggravation, correct?
Sorry, @vinnieloo is right. I was thinking you had ramboxes, and the information I provided is for those. You should be fine. You have black utility rails BTW.

Attachments

• Non rambox bed utility rails.jpeg
    Non rambox bed utility rails.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 41

mdirads

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies. I wasn’t aware the customer service rep was referring to the bed utility rails. Anyway I ordered the cover and will post pics after it’s installed.
Thanks!

DDRam

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies. I wasn’t aware the customer service rep was referring to the bed utility rails. Anyway I ordered the cover and will post pics after it’s installed.
Thanks!

I am in a similar situation right now, looking at the Lomax trifold. Any feedback post-installation?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am in a similar situation right now, looking at the Lomax trifold. Any feedback post-installation?
See you have 1 post. Some reading material from other members on tonneau covers.

Craigg69

Reaction score
I went with the Lomax Stance on my 22 Limited. Easy installation, very happy with the product.
Hey Mdirads was wondering where you bought your from and about how much? I just bought another ram and had the lomax tri folding on that last one and was looking at the stance version. Thanks

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I kind of when thru a similar situation. I have a 22 Limited that I installed the black utility rails on. I was told (cannot verify) the silver utility bars sit higher in the bed than the black. I installed a Cargo Manager bed divider system and the Bakflip MX4 and there are no issues
Which bed divider did you get? I'm toying with getting one for my Limited. Any pics?

Users who are viewing this thread