5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After battery disconnect, lost most functionality

KentGutowski

Reaction score
I lifted my 2020 limited 1500 (air ride) with the RC 5" lift - put the truck in "jack mode" yesterday, then disconnected battery to do install.

Today, reconnected battery, and the jack mode feature is gone - actually, it's missing most features on the computer... I can't take it to dealership because I need to raise truck to normal mode so we can align it - any advice on how to reset this thing so I can have all my features back?

Attachments

• 20200903_180431.jpg
    20200903_180431.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 18
U

User_21361

Just wait. They come back (some after an hour and some several hours later).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't worry Your fine. Disconnecting the battery for more than 20min performs a "Hard Reset" to your trucks cpu and when you start your truck it's going to need time to collect data while re-calibrating your adaptive system learning software.

Cease11

Reaction score
I’ve disconnect mine as well before and it does take a few hours to reboot everything. My back camera was missing for about 4 hours and then came back on. Some of the apps too

Users who are viewing this thread