5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Almost 2 Years My First UConnect Update!

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my first uConnect update today! After only 1 year and 11 months of waiting I finally got an update (OTA).

I lost all my presets (AM, FM, and SXM) but still have my favorites. I even had a refresh signal sent to no avail.

Hopefully it fixes some of the glitches. I updated to 20.37.11.

fxdrider

Reaction score
I had the update too, and also lost my presets.
In addition - the USB drive with MP3 music that I've been using since I've owned the truck will no longer play. I get an error message saying "Files Not Found".
Second, when I connect my iPhone to the USB port I've been successfully using since I purchased the truck, Carplay no longer activates. The phone receives current and goes into charge mode - but that's the only thing that happens. It's the same USB port I've been using successfully with Carplay.

Not sure if there's a way to re-update myself, or if I'll have to go through the dealership. I've got a PM about it in to RamCares.
These are awesome trucks. But when technology fails, it's no fun.

Ramgoose

Reaction score
In addition - the USB drive with MP3 music that I've been using since I've owned the truck will no longer play. I get an error message saying "Files Not Found".
Second, when I connect my iPhone to the USB port I've been successfully using since I purchased the truck, Carplay no longer activates. The phone receives current and goes into charge mode - but that's the only thing that happens. It's the same USB port I've been using successfully with Carplay.

Not sure if there's a way to re-update myself, or if I'll have to go through the dealership. I've got a PM about it in to RamCares.
These are awesome trucks. But when technology fails, it's no fun

Awesome, but frustrating. When will I learn to say No! to the updates? Transmission TCM update was a retro grade and caused rough downshifts and of course you can never go back your just stuck with it. U-Connect 8.4. Will no longer hold a selected theme just changes on its own. Stereo is muffled compared to how it was before. Was hoping for a “win” but just disappointed again...

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, but frustrating. When will I learn to say No! to the updates? Transmission TCM update was a retro grade and caused rough downshifts and of course you can never go back your just stuck with it. U-Connect 8.4. Will no longer hold a selected theme just changes on its own. Stereo is muffled compared to how it was before. Was hoping for a “win” but just disappointed again...
I hope it solves some of the issues I was having:

- EVIC themes changing to Theme 1
- Blue screen of death
- Black screen of death
- No audio
- Random reboots
- Speed adjust volume cutting in and out
- Other glitches

Most of them are very infrequent so I won't know for some time if the update made any difference. I did change the theme this morning so I should know within a couple of days if that got fixed (the longest a theme has stayed on the EVIC is two days before reverting back to Theme 1).

I had rough downshifts and a TCM software update solved most of it for me.

I also suffer from throttle lag with the standard "that's just the way these trucks are" answer from the dealership. I fixed a lot of the lag by resetting the throttle position sensor (get in the truck and shut the door, place ignition in ON but do not start, slowly depress the throttle to the floor then slowly release, turn the truck OFF, open the door).

These are awesome trucks. But when technology fails, it's no fun.
The dealership (at least what mine tells me) is usually 1-2 updates behind in software revisions so you should be able to revert back with a service visit.

Luckily my USB drive still plays. I have a 16GB thumb drive with only a couple hundred songs in it (all MP3 format) and it still works.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, my EVIC theme lasted 1/2 day. So much for my excitement about finally getting an update. :cry:

Last edited:

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also did my first update yesterday. Seemed to go well. I was worried since we did this on my wife’s van a few years back and it crashed the entire system. So far, so good.

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
How are y’all getting these updates? I’ve only owned the truck for about 6 months now and I haven’t noticed the system updating itself. Sounds like most of you are doing the update yourself.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. Any idea WTH this update was for?
It said is was for some bug fixes. Apparently the EVIC theme wasn't one of them.

How are y’all getting these updates? I’ve only owned the truck for about 6 months now and I haven’t noticed the system updating itself. Sounds like most of you are doing the update yourself.
You can get it Over the Air (OTA) where your screen will tell you when there's an update or...

You can also go to the uConnect site (https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html), type in your VIN and it will tell you if there's an update.

This is my first update I've received in 1 year and 11 months of ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread