5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFE Throttle Body Spacer…..LOVE IT!

Jack.

Reaction score
I got it for 30 bucket off of fb market ☠️ just like the whistle noise that's all haha I wasn't really expecting much

Ryno

Reaction score
I am not here to bash on your opinion. I have never tried one of these but have heard both sides.

Question for you, I see in your signature that you have an 87mm TB. What size is this? Does it reduce back down from the 87? I (once again "have heard") that bumping up the TB size can create a lag. I wondered if this necked back down to negate the 87mm TB, taking the lag out. Just a thought. It makes me wonder if you would feel the same bump with the stock TB.

Hey, responsiveness and feel account for a lot. Many people dish out for Pedal Monster or similar add on and swear by them. They don't show a difference on a dyno either, just responsive feel.
Yeah, a throttle booster only changes the input ramp from your pedal. So when you're giving a 10% push, the computer thinks you're giving 13% or 7, or whatever you have it set for. I use it so I don't give too much input out in the mountains. Also, don't spend $350 on a pedal commander when a $150 hikeit does the same thing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I upgraded to a 87mm, I guess the spacer is 85mm
That was the only question I had when ordering it. I liked the bigger throttle body, didn’t really feel a lag, but it opened up the engine a lot.

the opinions are all over the place so I decided to try it myself. I can see it not showing much a difference if your all stock.
So you put a bigger throttle body on, and then basically negated any performance increase from better flow of the bigger throttle body by I staking a spacer that removes said extra flow. Of course your throttle response changed because you increased your vaccum signal in the intake by throwing the spacer in that is smaller than your TB. SOTP makes you "feel" that its quicker, but Dyno numbers and track times sound say otherwise

Jack.

Reaction score
You should remove your ported throttle body and sell it since throwing this spacer on cancels out the throttle body
You know... thats actually a good point LOL i didnt even think of that ☠️ I guess ill remove the spacer tmrw while i change my oil

Jack.

Reaction score
Welp after driving around with it for 3 days and then taking the tb spacer off for the last 3 days I will say the 85mm definitely defeats the purpose of the 87mm ported tb ☠️ I know it was obvious but just wanted to test it. I can actually see the burn mark about 2mm around the 85mm tb spacer where the air was blocked.

Also the performance is def better with it off. I initally had both installed at the same time so I couldn't tell. Thanks for the advice everyone ☠️☠️

Jack.

Reaction score
Just an interesting tid bit for future reference, i resold the TB spacer on fb market place today and while i was waiting on the person to pull up i decided to take out my tape measurement and measure the tb spacer, interestingly enough it measured out to 77mm (give or take with some error) from its biggest opening (the bottom part). :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread