5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFE intake + Flowmaster Outlaw

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Peak horsepower increases do not make for a good (or better) engine. There's a reason that the Sierra doesn't come with that stuff from the factory already. There's a compromise between low end power, driveability, and peak horsepower. To get the "better" numbers, they're comprising something else. Usually low end torque and driveability.

And, the thing that drives me the most crazy about any sort of performance claim from aftermarket addons, is that they want you to ASSUME that a manufacturer's engineering team backed by multi-millions of dollars in development money forgot to check if there was a 15hp bottleneck locked up in their intake and / or exhaust systems. I just don't believe that every auto manufacturer ever just leaves 15 horsepower on the table by completely forgetting to put more cold air into the engine they spent years developing. Now, I understand the example above is FROM the manufacturer themselves, so that's a little different, but people should realize this is not a "cake and eat it too" situation.

mustard54

Reaction score
I just added the AFE Magnum forced air intake and the Flowmaster Series 40 to my 2019 Rebel and I love it. The power is defienetly increased with the AFE and the sound of the Flowmaster is amazing. Good choices!!

Attachments

• 73E68226-B37F-4C1C-B595-3F28F4C9DB58.jpeg
    73E68226-B37F-4C1C-B595-3F28F4C9DB58.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread