5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFE intake + Flowmaster Outlaw

Thepittoo

Reaction score
Just put this setup on (intake first). The sound is amazing. You can tell the difference with intake. They said I needed to add more airflow coming out because I could feel it being sluggish. Put the outlaw on. Would reccomend both together not 1 or the other.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. Very interesting.

I have a magnaflow exhaust system and I'm mostly pretty pleased with it, but it's a touch too quiet at times, and I was thinking about what you experienced.
An engine is an air pump. By taking more oxygen in, and letting it breathe out, I'm interested in finding out if that driving experience/sound is for me!

I might try a green filter first and see what I think.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Has anyone dyno'd these mods yet? It is nice you can "feel" a difference but that can often be placebo. I wonder if we get any more power out of this truck from bolt-ons alone?

Thepittoo

Reaction score
Has anyone dyno'd these mods yet? It is nice you can "feel" a difference but that can often be placebo. I wonder if we get any more power out of this truck from bolt-ons alone?
If you go to AFEs website it has a lil info on the filters.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have read from multiple sources that installing just a CAI will only truly increase power gains on turbo equipped engines. This I can account for when I installed one on my previous f-150 which had an ecoboost twin turbo V6 engine and noticed a pretty nice increase in acceleration.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s true of any forced induction motor, turbo or supercharger. And it’s really just based on filter size/volume. More air, more power. The same principles apply to N/A motors but since there’s nothing “forcing air” it’s a lot less dramatic.

plumcrzyhellcat

Reaction score
That’s true of any forced induction motor, turbo or supercharger. And it’s really just based on filter size/volume. More air, more power. The same principles apply to N/A motors but since there’s nothing “forcing air” it’s a lot less dramatic.
Exactly! I have a Hellcat also and I have stayed away from a new intake thus far for the Rebel. However, I put Borla ATAK on the Rebel and it roars!

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly! I have a Hellcat also and I have stayed away from a new intake thus far for the Rebel. However, I put Borla ATAK on the Rebel and it roars!

hey thats what i did to my to.all i did was put the "Atak".

J33P

Reaction score
Just put this setup on (intake first). The sound is amazing. You can tell the difference with intake. They said I needed to add more airflow coming out because I could feel it being sluggish. Put the outlaw on. Would reccomend both together not 1 or the other.

Hi there, I jsut picked up a 2019 Rebel and wondering if you have the part # you put on. I loved the sound form my 5.7 on my Jeep WK.

mustard54

Reaction score
I just added the AFE Magnum forced air intake and the Flowmaster Series 40 to my 2019 Rebel and I love it. The power is defienetly increased with the AFE and the sound of the Flowmaster is amazing. Good choices!!

R

Rebel4x4

How does it sound in the cab? I put on a magnaflow 14” and it’s pretty tamed and not as loud as I would like. I think the weep holes in the resonators is probably part of the reason. With that being said, I have been eyeing the Borla S-type and atak. I was concerned with the atak being too loud for long highway trips... any info on how it sounds in the cab? Besides awesome for city driving

mustard54

Reaction score
How does it sound in the cab? I put on a magnaflow 14” and it’s pretty tamed and not as loud as I would like. I think the weep holes in the resonators is probably part of the reason. With that being said, I have been eyeing the Borla S-type and atak. I was concerned with the atak being too loud for long highway trips... any info on how it sounds in the cab? Besides awesome for city driving
To be honest it’s exacrly the sound level I was looking for. Not too loud but not soft. It pulls the right amount of the Hemi out of it. I have friends who have the Borla and they liked mine a lot but it’s not as loud as there’s. And my personal preference was the Borla was too aggressive for my tastes. It’s all personal tastes for sure.

R

Rebel4x4

To be honest it’s exacrly the sound level I was looking for. Not too loud but not soft. It pulls the right amount of the Hemi out of it. I have friends who have the Borla and they liked mine a lot but it’s not as loud as there’s. And my personal preference was the Borla was too aggressive for my tastes. It’s all personal tastes for sure.
Thanks for the info!

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
You guys must have some pretty sensitive butt dynos if you notice a MAYBE 5-10 hp increase on a full size truck.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys must have some pretty sensitive butt dynos if you notice a MAYBE 5-10 hp increase on a full size truck.

Heck, a 10% increase would be hard to notice, and that would be 40 hp. I don't think anyone is picking up on 1-5% of an increase with their butt dyno's. However, the sound is the main cause of the perception, and if you like the sound, then that's what you're buying, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

mustard54

Reaction score
Heck, a 10% increase would be hard to notice, and that would be 40 hp. I don't think anyone is picking up on 1-5% of an increase with their butt dyno's. However, the sound is the main cause of the perception, and if you like the sound, then that's what you're buying, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.
It’s all about the sound!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I noticed on GMC's website:

"Performance is a key ingredient to every Sierra AT4, and the Sierra AT4 Off-Road Performance Package takes the AT4’s abilities a step further. Not only does the AT4 Off-Road Performance Package include the 6.2L V8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and a ten speed automatic transmission, it also includes a specially-designed Cold Air Intake and Performance Exhaust System. Both the intake and exhaust system are designed to not only optimize performance, but also deliver an unmistakably sporty exhaust note.
gmc-life-AT4-Off-Road-19_GMC_SIE_CAI_01.jpg

Thanks to these additions, the AT4 Off-Road Package delivers 435 horsepower and 469 lb-ft of torque - increases of 15 horsepower and 9 lb-ft of torque over a Sierra equipped with a conventional 6.2L V8 engine, and 80 horsepower and 86 lb-ft of torque over Sierra AT4 models equipped with the standard 5.3L V8. "

That's odd, someone better tell GMC that an engine grabbing extra air and breathing better will result in literally zero HP difference!

Users who are viewing this thread