5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFE Headers, Y-Pipe and cat-back exhaust

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I've been looking for headers and haven't found much available yet for the 2019......until now.

AFE appear to have shorty headers, 2 versions of the Y-pipe (one with cats and one without) and a cat-back exhaust.
They have dyno graphs on their website and claim some pretty reasonable HP and torque gains.

Headers $881.50
Y-pipe Cats $1,127.49
Y-pipe Catless $666.24
Exhaust $980.91

IG pictures and video clips

https://afepower.com/

GATORB8

Reaction score
I wonder what's going on between 4000-4500 RPM. There's a pretty significant dip in the torque curve (30 lbft) and then it picks back up. Similar, less significant, dips on the y-pipe and intake dynos. Doesnt happen on the baselines.

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I wonder what's going on between 4000-4500 RPM. There's a pretty significant dip in the torque curve (30 lbft) and then it picks back up. Similar, less significant, dips on the y-pipe and intake dynos. Doesnt happen on the baselines.

Honestly I didn't look at the curves yet. I wonder if it's due to the restrictions with the rest of the factory setup.
I did notice that someone asked if they had a dyno run with all 3 components and they said they currently had not done one.
I understand that they want an individual number to quote for each component butI would be interested to see how they all perform when installed together.
I also think it would be unusual for someone to do a set of headers and keep the stock y-pipe and exhaust etc

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did notice that someone asked if they had a dyno run with all 3 components and they said they currently had not done one.
I understand that they want an individual number to quote for each component butI would be interested to see how they all perform when installed together.
I also think it would be unusual for someone to do a set of headers and keep the stock y-pipe and exhaust etc

Same... I'd like to see the numbers on an entire setup as well, also weight savings would be nice.
And maybe a price for the combo package! :love:

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
Same... I'd like to see the numbers on an entire setup as well, also weight savings would be nice.
And maybe a price for the combo package! :love:
I have asked for all this info. It looks like it’s not available yet as it was a customers truck they were doing test fitment for at the time of the video. I’ve also asked for cabin and driving video to check for drone.

Is it just me or does it seem pretty tame for having all 3? I wonder what the headers and y-pipe would do for the Carven cat-back.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem pretty tame for having all 3? I wonder what the headers and y-pipe would do for the Carven cat-back.

Sound ≠ Power....

Videos are always hard to tell, but it sounds similar (maybe less raspy to me).
Hoping they go ahead and run the full kit on the dyno and list weight savings...

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
Sound ≠ Power....

Videos are always hard to tell, but it sounds similar (maybe less raspy to me).
Hoping they go ahead and run the full kit on the dyno and list weight savings...

Haha yeah I agree but it's not always about power, if it was I wouldn't have sold my M4 :p
I want a Hemi V8 to sound like a V8 should and if it picks up a few horses in the process that's good news.

I got an email response saying the headers and y-pipe are on pre-order and expected at the end of Dec.
The exhaust is available now. I have requested the dyno for the full kit and more videos.

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
Any updates with this ?
Nothing new. I ordered the Carven cat back because there wasn’t enough info/videos to go with something else. I am going see what it sounds like and look at header options after that. I know Kooks are working on some.
I have to pick up the truck yet lol

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol,I try not to get too excited any more with manufactures saying this and that. Heck most of the times the products they show videos for and claimto be available now, always “ seem” to e out of stock as soon as you place the order. Really so you only made 10 of these yet all 10 are gone just that soon.

I’m hopeful that what they claim is actually true and they honestly do have product to sell and SHIP. Ok end of my rant, please return to your regular station. :)

drsubie

Reaction score
I like the AFE black tips, but it's a shame it's made in 409 stainless...

And why is it $980!? Flowmaster and Carven are $200 to $300 less!

shkelqimfuga

Reaction score
I've been looking for headers and haven't found much available yet for the 2019......until now.

AFE appear to have shorty headers, 2 versions of the Y-pipe (one with cats and one without) and a cat-back exhaust.
They have dyno graphs on their website and claim some pretty reasonable HP and torque gains.

Headers $881.50
Y-pipe Cats $1,127.49
Y-pipe Catless $666.24
Exhaust $980.91

IG pictures and video clips

https://afepower.com/
You think the shorty headers of the 4th gen RAM fit the new RAM. I looked into a video on youtube and the old manifold and cats are the same as on the new RAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online