5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aFe CAI

daboyz1223

Reaction score
Just got an email that aFe Intakes are $50 off right now. I also found a coupon code for an extra 10% off (AFE15999D). Just wanted to share in case someone likes a good deal. Have a great day!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just got an email that aFe Intakes are $50 off right now. I also found a coupon code for an extra 10% off (AFE15999D). Just wanted to share in case someone likes a good deal. Have a great day!
I was just about to post this.

John813

Reaction score
Well, that pushed me over the edge.

See how it sounds post CAI before thinking about exhaust.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sadly after ordering I got an email saying it was backordered until mid March. I guess that's just helping me out and trying to make the weather be nicer when I install it.
Yeah I knew it would be backordered. I had an order in January and got that back ordered email a week or two after I placed the order. This time I got it 45 bucks cheaper so it will be worth it to wait.

daboyz1223

Reaction score
CAI was delivered yesterday, and I installed it last night. Haven't really gotten to run it much, but the engine has a different tone when you're on it. Can't wait to get my exhaust on there for it to really hum.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
CAI was delivered yesterday, and I installed it last night. Haven't really gotten to run it much, but the engine has a different tone when you're on it. Can't wait to get my exhaust on there for it to really hum.

What exhaust are going with, daboz? My Magnaflow muffler from B2 Fabrications is being delivered today, and my Afe Magnum CAI and Pulsar "tuner" are arriving Monday. I'm hoping these three mods pep up the engine and exhaust sound.

daboyz1223

Reaction score
I have a Magnaflow cat back on order. It's backordered so should be shipping soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI- afe intake is on sale at summit racing for 277$ Or so. Saw from someone else posted somewhere. Just spreading the word.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI- afe intake is on sale at summit racing for 277$ Or so. Saw from someone else posted somewhere. Just spreading the word.

I ordered my Afe Magnum on February 9th from Afe and got a 10% discount for signing up for their newsletter. Not sure if they're still offering this.

MAGNUM FORCE STAGE-2 COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM W/PRO 5R FILTER MEDIA
SKU: 54-13020R

$297.48

Subtotal​

$297.48​

Shipping & Handling​

$0.00​

Discount (Newsletter Signup)​

-$29.75​

Grand Total

$267.73

Ksilva211

Reaction score
How do you guys think this will compare to the s&b intake. I’m trying to decide which I should go with

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't really know anything about the S&B, Ksilva. A lot of guys on here talk highly of the Afe, so that's what I went with. I think they claim a significant increase in horsepower, which I highly doubt. I wanted one for
How do you guys think this will compare to the s&b intake. I’m trying to decide which I should go with

Don't really know anything about the S&B, Ksilva. A lot of guys on here talk highly of the Afe, so that's what I went with. I think Afe claims a significant increase in horsepower, which I highly doubt. I wanted one for a little more engine sound under the hood.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
S& b is a completely sealed unit with big cone filter and tube to TB. Also hooks to factory cold air inlet

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online