5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AEV 4” lift?

Troyoffroad

Reaction score
Anyone know if AEV plans to put out their 4” DualSport lift for the 2019’s? I had their 4.5 lift on my Jeep and loved it.

AZRammer

Reaction score
Anyone know if AEV plans to put out their 4” DualSport lift for the 2019’s? I had their 4.5 lift on my Jeep and loved it.
doubt it. AEV has never made suspension kits for 1500's. honestly i wouldnt buy one if they did, they aren't a suspension company. AEV is like a jack of all trades, master of none, IMO

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’ll notice with IFS trucks, no one actually off-roads anything over 2-3”, avoiding the use of any kind of drop down bracket.

So if they did, it would be like a 2.5” coilover kit. Which you can get from a dozen other joints.

tobyw

Reaction score
doubt it. AEV has never made suspension kits for 1500's. honestly i wouldnt buy one if they did, they aren't a suspension company. AEV is like a jack of all trades, master of none, IMO

:unsure: AEV 4" for Ram 1500

On the contrary, AEV has a rich history in properly engineered pieces, up to and including full blown drivetrain conversions and significant body modifications. Yes they offer a bevvy of products, but they are all absolutely top notch. I would be very curious to hear your story on why you feel otherwise?

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

On the contrary, AEV has a rich history in properly engineered pieces, up to and including full blown drivetrain conversions and significant body modifications. Yes they offer a bevvy of products, but they are all absolutely top notch. I would be very curious to hear your story on why you feel otherwise?

Interesting, I’ve never seen this. Guess I was wrong then, but this kit looks pretty dumpy to me. I wouldn’t run this, it’s basically just 5100s and some bs brackets. You could buy a set of Kings for the same price, get some core control arms, and have the ultimate off road setup.

tobyw

Reaction score
Please don't take this as being argumentative... But...

No doubt some Kings and a set of UCA's with a higher-tolerance knuckle joint would make for a nice setup, but I would not call it the "ultimate off road setup"... If those Kings add any height whatsoever, you are compromising both steering and CV angle geometry which will reduce lifespan(s) accordingly. That setup also doesn't address the fore/aft location of the wheel centerline, which is an issue with over-sized tires and offset wheel combinations because they like to eat the backside of your fenders. Sure a Sawzall can fix that, but we aren't barbarians :ROFLMAO:

I'm not an AEV fanboy or anything, in fact I've only ever run one of their suspension kits on a 2009 Wrangler several years back, but I do admire their stuff from afar. They seem to have an extremely well thought out approach to the overall package, not just adding height to accommodate a larger tire. In this case, there is a lot more to the kit than some 5100's and brackets. Sure those are included, but so are aluminum knuckles, a complete skid plate that itself relocates the differential, stainless brake lines, replacement TRE's that allow for 18" wheels, etc etc etc. And, those aren't your typical 5100's either, they are custom tuned with digressive valving....

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, go nuts then. I would suggest you call them up ask if you really want the answer to this question.

Troyoffroad

Reaction score
Well, go nuts then. I would suggest you call them up ask if you really want the answer to this question.
Well that kind of spun off the rails. I just wanted to know if anyone heard of them putting out a kit for the 2019’s. Like I said, I used their 4.5 kit on my Jeep that worked great for the 4 years I had it. And I wheeled that thing pretty hard. No issues. They offer a 4” kit for 2018’s and under.
Im just looking to get 35’s on my new truck to gain some clearance with the ability to Offroad it when I need to. I’m not sold on the Readylift 3.5. Seems like the cv angles would be too steep and not allow any droop in the suspension.

Troyoffroad

Reaction score
And I did call AEV. They said not yet because all of their focus has been on the new Jeep JL and gladiator. Just wondering if anyone’s heard anything otherwise

AZRammer

Reaction score

im not suggesting AEV is junk, i'm suggesting that products like Cognito, BDS, and ICON are better suspension products, IMO. those companies ONLY do suspension that is their sole craft, and some of the gnarliest trophy trucks run those products off-the-shelf. IMO AEV was a dynamic company 15 years ago, one of the first bespoke aftermarket companies, they just do it for me anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread