5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AERO EXHAUST - AT3030XL DIRECT FIT PERFORMANCE MUFFLER (MODERATE SOUND)

JJameSS

Reaction score
Last edited:

mxz

Reaction score
Now that looks interesting! From video clips the non XL sounds pretty good. 1/3 of the cost of a Borla S cat back. I will have to look into it for my Rebel.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Little miss leading. It states Moderate Sound, but under features it says Aggressive sound level.
Where is the video clip?

JJameSS

Reaction score
Little miss leading. It states Moderate Sound, but under features it says Aggressive sound level.
Where is the video clip?
Yeah we need a video of the Moderate.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These sound nice and mellow IF you keep the resonators

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJameSS

Reaction score
These sound nice and mellow IF you keep the resonators

Yeah I plan on keeping the stock resonators. The Aero is made from 304 SS which is better than most using the 401.

JJameSS

Reaction score
Where is the video clip?
I do know they have 2, a small one that's suppose to be aggressive, then this one, the XL, labeled as moderate. Just wish someone had pulled the trigger already or we had a sound clip.

JJameSS

Reaction score
Should sound similar on the gen5

Sounds really good, nice deep growl, but I am sure the gen 5 will hiss a bit do to the holes in the rear resonators compared to this clip. I wonder if plugging them will cause any problems.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds really good, nice deep growl, but I am sure the gen 5 will hiss a bit do to the holes in the rear resonators compared to this clip. I wonder if plugging them will cause any problems.
That’s for water drainage, so there’s a possibility your exhaust will rust faster. Really, OEM-style aftermarket exhaust is going to get cheap in a few years anyway, so I don’t think it matters much.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
From what I've been told, my own experience (though not for very long) and longer term experiences I've read on this forum, plugging the weep holes in the resonators isn't a big issue. If you're really worried about moisture getting trapped and rust, then that's your call but I for one could not stand the hissing.

Also, I feel like it would sound noticeably different on the 5th gens. My brother's 2018 and my 2020 with muffler deletes (literally no other difference) sounded massively different.

Following the thread to see if anyone pulls the trigger though.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score

I plugged mine I couldn’t stand the hissing. By the time those things rust out chances are you won’t own the truck anymore.

I just used jb weld metal bond.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I want to get that for the ease of installation, but I’m having a little bit of a hard time with that pricing.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Can always do carven. They will have a Black Friday sale or they have a 10% off code now. Same type of system

JJameSS

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at the Carven because it is similar, not sure if they are using the higher grade stainless, but they didn't offer the two different sound options. My understanding is that the Carven is straight aggressive.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Here is the carven WITH resonators. It was actually a bit too mellow for me and have since removed the resonators.

Their stainless is good quality, and shows no marks after driving in northern pa winters, and all tig welded. I’ve been tuning their systems since they opened in 2015 on various vehicles.

JJameSS

Reaction score
Here is the carven WITH resonators. It was actually a bit too mellow for me and have since removed the resonators.

Their stainless is good quality, and shows no marks after driving in northern pa winters, and all tig welded. I’ve been tuning their systems since they opened in 2015 on various vehicles.

Interesting, were the drain holes in the rear resonators plugged in this video? How is the noise in the cabin? I also see you have a 2021 so I assume you don't have the factor resonator before the muffler up front?

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s for water drainage, so there’s a possibility your exhaust will rust faster. Really, OEM-style aftermarket exhaust is going to get cheap in a few years anyway, so I don’t think it matters much.

I seen someone block off the holes in the stock tips. And hiss went away. I’m thinking of getting some 5inch tips without the rolled edge. So shouldn’t have a hole.

I’m going to block the tip drain holes and try it. If it works. I’ll order new tips.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Interesting, were the drain holes in the rear resonators plugged in this video? How is the noise in the cabin? I also see you have a 2021 so I assume you don't have the factor resonator before the muffler up front?

Yes. Here is before and after the plugged holes.

And no resonator in front. It was pretty silent in the cabin which is why I opted to remove my resonators after a few months.

How it sounds now, I would call this aggressive

Jeeper

Reaction score
I did the Solo Performance cut and clamp, left stock resonators on and plugged the weep holes. Sounds amazing...put over 6 months of use on it so far and love the sound....nice growl upon acceleration, low rumble at idle, no drone. Super easy install. Personally like the sound more than the Carven which was my other choice.
2021 Ram Rebel
58f928969e899948a60d0e902f619cab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online