5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AEM air filter too short

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
I purchased a AEM air filter for my 2020 ram 1500. On amazon and on the box I got says it fits this truck. I went to install today and it is at least an inch shorter than the oem one? Part number 28-20247. I got this air filter off another thread that had a link in it. Anyone else run into this problem? I reached out to the manufacturing company. See what they have to say.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then someone sent back the wrong one because everything I see says that will fit.

KCViper

Reaction score
Then someone sent back the wrong one because everything I see says that will fit.
Would have to agree that somehow the wrong filter was put into the box as website shows it will fit your truck!!

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Ya found part number on part and it is different then what is on the box. Trying to contact mfg.

JbVt

Reaction score
Just installed that filter tonight and mine was right on. Someone boxed up the wrong filter!

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you bought it through Amazon, then contact seller, or Amazon for a replacement

Users who are viewing this thread