5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice Pulsar with Tazer

cookjs

Reaction score
Good morning all. I have read and researched enough to find guys are running both of these together. I have a 2020 Rebel with etorque, Ready lift SST 3.5 with TRX OEM wheels and tires. My question is, has anyone found that certain settings work better on one vs the other since they overlap? For example should I adjust tire size setting with the Tazer, the Pular or have to do both? The reason for both is I want the modest performance boost of the Pulsar while also utilizing the coding features of the Tazer for fog light drop out etc. Any personal experiences or tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated. If i missed a thread specificly discussing both of these together feel free to point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
In my experience the pulsar doesn't do well with the additional settings like tire, gearing etc. Use the pulsar for the performance modes and Taser for everything else. I haven't had any compatibility issues and they each work great for what their intended use is.

cookjs

Reaction score
In my experience the pulsar doesn't do well with the additional settings like tire, gearing etc. Use the pulsar for the performance modes and Taser for everything else. I haven't had any compatibility issues and they each work great for what their intended use is.
Thank you Carlos!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don't get live functions confused with the settings being set.

You can do the fog light and tire size yourself connecting to your ODB2 port.
The Tazer is just setting it for you.

I believe some of the steering wheel commands might conflict between the 2 but i'm not 100% sure on that.

cookjs

Reaction score
Don't get live functions confused with the settings being set.

You can do the fog light and tire size yourself connecting to your ODB2 port.
The Tazer is just setting it for you.

I believe some of the steering wheel commands might conflict between the 2 but i'm not 100% sure on that.
Thanks!

RLee276

Reaction score
Good morning all. I have read and researched enough to find guys are running both of these together. I have a 2020 Rebel with etorque, Ready lift SST 3.5 with TRX OEM wheels and tires. My question is, has anyone found that certain settings work better on one vs the other since they overlap? For example should I adjust tire size setting with the Tazer, the Pular or have to do both? The reason for both is I want the modest performance boost of the Pulsar while also utilizing the coding features of the Tazer for fog light drop out etc. Any personal experiences or tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated. If i missed a thread specificly discussing both of these together feel free to point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance
You should run an ond2 scan on your truck. When I changed the tires size on tazer to 35.1inch. It corrected Speedo. And it didn’t set off an engine light. But when I did a diagnostic scan. I threw 3-4 codes. From secret manufacturer code to line mis match and others.
Of corse I wouldn’t know with out scanning it because no engine light. But the codes wouldn’t clear until I unmarried tazer. And after reinstalling and not messing with tire size or Tpm I donT have any codes.

Users who are viewing this thread