5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice: Parts sitting in garage for 2 years

Ccm12

Reaction score
I have had the adjustable bilstein 5100 front shocks and 2” readylift strut spacer (though only measures 1.2) in garage for close to two years. Between pandemic inflation and life never got around to installing. Ready to now but am trying to figure out best approach.
I currently have the icon 1.5 inch springs in back with bilstein shocks.
1) install strut spacer and shocks at clip 4 and get around 3.2 of front lift
2) order some orp springs, skip the spacer and set shocks at clip 5 and get around 3 inches of front lift

Would one of these options be better than the other?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have had the adjustable bilstein 5100 front shocks and 2” readylift strut spacer (though only measures 1.2) in garage for close to two years. Between pandemic inflation and life never got around to installing. Ready to now but am trying to figure out best approach.
I currently have the icon 1.5 inch springs in back with bilstein shocks.
1) install strut spacer and shocks at clip 4 and get around 3.2 of front lift
2) order some orp springs, skip the spacer and set shocks at clip 5 and get around 3 inches of front lift

Would one of these options be better than the other?
Skip the spacers and you will need new UCAs if going that much higher in the front

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i see you are on clip 6 with 1 inch in back. Are you pretty much level?
I was level in clip 5 with the Zone Off-road UCAs, which is why I put a spacer in the rear. When I installed my heavier front bumper, I went up to clip 6 to account for the extra sag from heavier bumper. My truck also has the ORP springs from factory.

Users who are viewing this thread