5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on lift and tire selection

Ccm12

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the best way to proceed that will provide the desired look but also maintain the best handling/comfort.
In the rear i currently have the Icon 1.5+ springs. I also have some sort of strut spacer in it (but bought used so cant verify...want to say it was a 1.5 leveling)
So in the front, I am guessing i have a few options.
Option 1: Install Readylift 2 inch strut spacer and bilstein 5100 at notch 4. This should give me around 3.2 inches and get close to level.
Option 2: Skip the readylift and buy some ORP front springs and set the bilsteins to clip 5. Should give me around 3 inches of lift.
Would one of these options be superior to the other?

I realize both of these would require UCAs...suggestions?

Also not sure what this would open up on the tire front.
I currently have 295/60r/20. They are ok, but are near end of life.
Read multiple reviews and seems that 285/65/20 and 295/65/20 and 35x11.5x20 are popular.
I personally dont want or need much tire poke and prefer higher side wall beef. Other ideas on tires?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you want to combine spacers with the 5100s up front? Why not just use the correct clip on the 5100s to get the lift you want?

Ccm12

Reaction score
Why do you want to combine spacers with the 5100s up front? Why not just use the correct clip on the 5100s to get the lift you want?
I was looking for 3 inches and currently don’t have ORP springs. I do have the spacers. So I am debating selling spacers and buying springs if it would be a better ride

Black19

Reaction score
Following on the tire issue.
I currently have 275/60/20 and think I want to go to 285/60/20. I’m already running 1-1/4” bora spacers. My concern is the 10ply vs 4ply as I have now…though the 285/60/20 will give me the look I want.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I was looking for 3 inches and currently don’t have ORP springs. I do have the spacers. So I am debating selling spacers and buying springs if it would be a better ride
Respectfully man i agree with @HSKR R/T .... why do that? i personally feel like your trying to do way to much. Personally, for me... id say get rid of the spacer all together and go with a full strut/spring or coil over. and leave it at that. i have the Bilstein 6112 strut and spring assembled and rear 5100 kit from Shock Surplus for 1200$. I set the circlip to #7 2.2", could have been #8 clip at 2.6" but didnt want to max it out as i wanted a slight rake and i have exactly 5/8th of rake which isnt much but im sure if you went to clip #8 at 2.6"you would get a true level. and believe it or not i have read COUNTLESS people say its stiff (unsure if its because i got the 6112 and not 5100 fronts) but when i drove out the dealer after it was done my ride quality actually got better and i absolutely loved it. plus itll last much longer and ride much better than a spacer.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
as for UCAs i have the Zone (i dont do heavy off roading, just off road to get to where i need to ride but i want it done right and not the cheapest option). they are great.
but for advice Zone, BDS, and Icon are all good.
id stay away from RC, KSP or Mopar UCAs then again thats just preference. get what you pay for.

Fbird

Reaction score
100 different ways to get where you are going. Best advice I could give would be to start with your WHEELS, then TIRE SIZE, that will dictate the amount of lift you NEED. Pick a number....there are at least 10 ways to get any amount of lift you want it's all pretty easy now.

mrclortho

Reaction score
Readylift makes a 3.5", two spacer front system with heavy duty UCA's. That is what I am running with 325's on 18's, 2" rear spacers, and it rides and drives like stock. The spacers are not an improvement over stock ride other than being taller.

I recommend replacing the UCA's for anything above 1.5" if you want to keep your ball joints together...been there.

Colorado7.jpg

ram08.jpg

Attachments

• ram07.jpg
    ram07.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 26

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Readylift makes a 3.5", two spacer front system with heavy duty UCA's. That is what I am running with 325's on 18's, 2" rear spacers, and it rides and drives like stock. The spacers are not an improvement over stock ride other than being taller.

I recommend replacing the UCA's for anything above 1.5" if you want to keep your ball joints together...been there.

View attachment 169557

View attachment 169559

Good gawd that brush guard is yuuge! Are you going for the Simon & Simon Dodge Power Wagon look? 😆

Screenshot 2023-10-19 082815.png

Jedi9

Reaction score

View attachment 169557

View attachment 169559
What steps do you have? currently debating

Users who are viewing this thread