5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on back-ordered parts

SacRebel

Reaction score
Over a month ago I was rear-ended on the freeway ( Ford F-250 totaled after rear-ending my Rebel ). My truck has been in the body shop ever since. There was one part, the right bedside on back-order that has been holding up the repair. The body shop said they were checking on the part weekly with the dealership..but I questioned that.

So, last week I decided I would look into myself. I went to the body shop and got the back-ordered part number. Within 30-minutes I found the part in a shipping container behind a Dodge dealership in Las Cruces, NM. I called the body shop and said I found it, now get it. They contacted our local dealer who put in for a D2D transfer..that took 3-additional days to get FCA approval for the transfer. The reason for the approval was because of the size.

The point is, if you’re being held up on a repair due to a back-ordered part you might want to look into it yourself too. I don’t know much about the procurement process of a body shop and how proactive they were looking for the back-ordered part but I’m glad I took the Ram by the horns..so to speak and found it myself. The bedside was delivered to the body shop today and they're putting their best guy on it next week. I'm hoping to get my truck back by the end of the month.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
The body shop could be using the classic "Part is on backorder" line because they're back up or they just don't consider your vehicle a priority.

Users who are viewing this thread