5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice for Tires on 2023 Limited

BJackson81

Reaction score
I personally really like the newer Nitto Recon Grapplers and Toyo RT Trail tires! When searching for sizes try to find tires in standard load or D load for the best ride quality. One in particular that I’d recommend all day long is the Nitto Recon Grappler in 315/60r20 size! It’s a 35x12.50r20 tire that is standard load (the only standard load I’m aware of in this size) and extremely light for a 35” tire! You can definitely fit 35s on your limited with a simple spacer or if you have air suspension they make leveling links as well. That’s what I would do in your case :)

This setup works with stock rims/backspacing? I have a 2021 big horn night edition.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't run a MT tire if you want snow/ice traction. They do well gutting trails in deep snow, but are absolute rubbish on any snowpack, slush or ice. The lugs are to far apart for any snow to pack in an give traction, and the compounds are typically rock hard in the cold.

I've had tremendous success with Bridgestone Dueller Revo3 (which I am running now and are extremely light weight) and many sets of Yokohama Geolander AT/S and GO018 I believe. Of course the Michelin Defender M&S tires are the benchmark for highway ride and great in snow, but they are not a very exciting tire to look at.

1923bob

Reaction score
New tires on the Ram. Love them 33x12.50x22 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T

Attachments

• IMG_8412.png
    IMG_8412.png
    893.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8413.png
    IMG_8413.png
    1 MB · Views: 68

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
This setup works with stock rims/backspacing? I have a 2021 big horn night edition.
I’m pretty sure you’ll need a spacer but I’m not positive. You can run up to a 3/4” and replace the factory studs with longer ones or above 3/4” would be an adapter. I think I’ve seen people run 1.25” spacers minimum and not have to trim or replace their factory studs. 1.25” adapter would place your wheels at the same overall offset as a -12 wheel - which is what I have.

Users who are viewing this thread