5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice For New Tires For Ram 1500 Longhorn Limited

Sully1960

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and looking for advice on replacement tires in my 2021 Ram Longhorn Limited. Stock tires are Goodyear Eagle touring tires, 285/45/22. I went through one winter with these tires and vowed to replace them before the next winter. They are probably great tires for warmer climates. However, I live in Massachusetts and need something that does better in snowy winter condition. Does anyone have recommendations on new tires? I want to keep the same size, and I am not looking for a tire with a heavy aggressive tread. I drive mainly highway and some dirt roads... no off road. Looking for something that performs well in all seasons and will perform well in New England winters. Thanks!

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and looking for advice on replacement tires in my 2021 Ram Longhorn Limited. Stock tires are Goodyear Eagle touring tires, 285/45/22. I went through one winter with these tires and vowed to replace them before the next winter. They are probably great tires for warmer climates. However, I live in Massachusetts and need something that does better in snowy winter condition. Does anyone have recommendations on new tires? I want to keep the same size, and I am not looking for a tire with a heavy aggressive tread. I drive mainly highway and some dirt roads... no off road. Looking for something that performs well in all seasons and will perform well in New England winters. Thanks!
Michelin Defender LTX M/S - have never failed me in all types of weather and road conditions from Alaska to Michigan to Texas. Since, 2015, I’ve ran them on my Longhorns, Laramies and Big Horns/Lone Stars and never regretted it. I've trusted Michelin tires on all of my kids trucks, my wife's car and my trucks going back to the 1980's.

Last edited:

Hammer1

Reaction score
I have the Continental terrain contact and love them. I sold Bridgestone-Firestone tires for 20 years and I like these better

Reverse

Reaction score
I am on my third set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S on my 2020 Limited. Nice tires, but they wear fast and aren't as confident in the rain once they wear.
Also run them on our 2014 Big Horn and for some reason (tire size?) they do much better on that truck.

ivantalk

Reaction score
You may want to check out Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/