5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice about transmission fault

killerformula

Reaction score
I am out of state about 700 miles from home. 2022 hemi etorque has 1300 miles on it.

Hooked up an empty, 1900 pound trailer and within a few miles the transmission stopped shifting and threw a code. Turned the truck off and back on and the code didn't clear but the truxk started shifting again.

Took it into the dealer and they ran the code. TCP is giving a fault of "implausible data received".

It has renewed the code a couple times now and failed to shift. Each time I can turn it off and on and it will start shifting again but maintains the CEL. tow haul is on, I am staying under 50 as I am supposed to.

Any advice on this? My main concern Is that the truck gives up shifting all together halfway home. Dealerships here have no bandwidth to do anything about it, so I think I am stuck...

Users who are viewing this thread