5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adventure rack on load bed

Brad Down Under

Reaction score
Hello from Australia, I have just taken delivery of a 1500 Laramie 5'7" load bed with Ram Boxes. I am looking for an aluminium or alloy rack to fit on the load bed. I am an off-roader and like to spear fish in remote places, so I want to mount a light weight boat loader with an ally boat and trailer on top of the rack. Will weight about 3 or 400lbs. I believe the rim of the load bed on Ram Box models is not very strong due to the engineering of the Ram Boxes? So, I believe the rack will need to be engineered to fit and mount to strong structure.... maybe the inside of the load box or even the chassis. I also want to mount a 270degree awning, lights, solar panel etc. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Or if there is a supplier in the US that I could contact. Here is a picture of one that is made in Oz for the DS, but they haven't done one for the DT model yet and I need one promptly. Many thanks :)) Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 8.12.44 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 8.13.07 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 8.13.25 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 8.13.46 pm.png

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
I've been looking for something like this too. This is the one I've found so far:

Link here

It's by Dethloff Mfg.

Haven't found any other options yet, though I'm pretty sure the one you posted would work on DT's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread