5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advantage Dodge - Mt Dora, FL Service visit

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took my truck in today to get some warranty service on a few items that I've needed addressed.
1. Clunk in front end when driving over uneven terrain
2. Squeak in front end going over bumps
3. Rear window leak
4. Passive entry intermittently doesn't work
5. Programming of a new dimmer switch that didn't come with the truck.

I dropped it off at 8:30 this morning, they connected their tablet and pulled any codes. During this check, they received two codes related to the calibration of the windows. While standing there, they recalibrated the windows by putting them up and then continuing to hold the front window switches in the up position for a count of 5. They then put both windows down and then held for another count of 5. I guess that's all that's needed to recalibrate the windows!

1. The front end clunk was fixed by torqueing the brake calipers and they found all sway bar endlink bushings were loose. So they torqued them. FIXED
2. The squeak was the brake caliper clips. FIXED
3. They found the leak at the rear window as the 3rd brake light, so they ordered me a new one. My leak is so minor that a heavy rain only allows a couple drips. So I'm calling this FIXED when the new light is installed.
4. The passive entry was found to be the driver's side door handle. I said it was intermittent, so they tested it until it failed. Prior to that, they mentioned it could be the remote battery or cell phone interference, but they ordered the part and this too will be FIXED.
5. They couldn't locate the sales code to push programming to my truck for the ambient light dimmer switch, so they suggested that I use AlphaOBD or similar to program it myself for less $$. I will say FIXED as they put that in writing so now I can do it.

They then notified me that any new clunks could easily be from my Borla exhaust because it's hanging close to the frame. They suggested that I adjust that. I'm happy with this service visit as usually you get the "couldn't duplicate" response, but these guys went all in to resolve the issues. Thanks Advantage CDJR.

Mystic Rhythms

Reaction score
You took this in under warranty and they told you to program it yourself?
That doesn't sound like good service to me.
I guess if you already owned an AlphaOBD it wouldn't be a big deal but seems like they passed the buck on that one.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, the module is not a factory installed part. If it was, then I agree that they should address this. I'll locate the sales code and provide it to them when I take it back in for the finishing work.

Mystic Rhythms

Reaction score
OH, I somehow skimmed over the new to the truck part.
That makes sense now.

Users who are viewing this thread