5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced wheel locks

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Purchased and installed a set of these wheel locks that I got from www.advancedwheellocks.com
They are great quality, packaged extremely well and look much harder to get around removing without the key than any other lock on the market. I purchased the kit with 2 keys and in chrome but they are also available in black. They have a key code magnet for the house/toolbox and sticker for the truck door jam that are included with the kit in case the keys are ever lost.
The website has several videos showing the methods/tools that thieves normally use to get off wheel locks not working and based off of the design, feel and weight of these locks I do believe them to be true. I have attached some photos of the locks installed and in the box they come in as well as with one of my regular lug nuts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 60E88A1B-8E4D-4647-AA6D-8BDE16DE7C76.jpeg
    60E88A1B-8E4D-4647-AA6D-8BDE16DE7C76.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 4E766223-EDCD-4888-BC75-01D02DAE48D7.jpeg
    4E766223-EDCD-4888-BC75-01D02DAE48D7.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 84452D6D-AEC1-4E56-9F59-B0798C43EFFD.jpeg
    84452D6D-AEC1-4E56-9F59-B0798C43EFFD.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 147
  • 7B05AACA-2BA2-46FA-BB84-72E37B383A98.jpeg
    7B05AACA-2BA2-46FA-BB84-72E37B383A98.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 138

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those locks look like they are quite strong. How do they compare in price with the Mopar locks (which are made by McGard)? BTW, the Mopar locks have an extra metal band around them which, I believe, are not found on regular McGard locks.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Those locks look like they are quite strong. How do they compare in price with the Mopar locks (which are made by McGard)? BTW, the Mopar locks have an extra metal band around them which, I believe, are not found on regular McGard locks.
I’m not sure how much the mopar ones cost but these are like 90 a set. They are definitely heavy and well made.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Purchased and installed a set of these wheel locks that I got from www.advancedwheellocks.com
They are great quality, packaged extremely well and look much harder to get around removing without the key than any other lock on the market. I purchased the kit with 2 keys and in chrome but they are also available in black. They have a key code magnet for the house/toolbox and sticker for the truck door jam that are included with the kit in case the keys are ever lost.
The website has several videos showing the methods/tools that thieves normally use to get off wheel locks not working and based off of the design, feel and weight of these locks I do believe them to be true. I have attached some photos of the locks installed and in the box they come in as well as with one of my regular lug nuts.
Thanks for this informative information. I just ordered my set. The factory locks really aren't safe anymore, today the thieves have master a key just like the car dealers have. The factory locks that are on my Ram 1500 stick out more than they should. I'd bet with a plumbers pliers you can remove it in seconds.

Last edited:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Different looking for sure and should give you better protection. With that said I have never seen a lock thieves can't defeat. Most likely for oem wheels they will just move on to the next ram. Hopefully not mine

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The old style wheels locks are pretty easily defeated now. These look way more difficult to get around. May need to look into getting a set.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I have two sets of these locks with 3 keys that I will sell that I never used as they won’t fit my aftermarket rims that I just received.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have two sets of these locks with 3 keys that I will sell that I never used as they won’t fit my aftermarket rims that I just received.
Is the key too big to fit over the lug nut and inside the new wheels?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Is the key too big to fit over the lug nut and inside the new wheels?
My new rims need 19mm 14x1.5 thread lug nuts and these are for 22mm lugs. The lug is too big and the key is way too big to fit in my new wheels without having them drilled. They said they are working on making one for the size that I need but I’m sure it will be tough because it’s a long narrow space.

Datey

Reaction score
My new rims need 19mm 14x1.5 thread lug nuts and these are for 22mm lugs. The lug is too big and the key is way too big to fit in my new wheels without having them drilled. They said they are working on making one for the size that I need but I’m sure it will be tough because it’s a long narrow space.
I just ordered my new rims, now I’m not sure if I should get new wheel locks until I’m sure of my new rims (they haven’t arrived yet). I can’t find any info in the website of the wheel logs or type of wheel locks recommended.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I just ordered my new rims, now I’m not sure if I should get new wheel locks until I’m sure of my new rims (they haven’t arrived yet). I can’t find any info in the website of the wheel logs or type of wheel locks recommended.
I would wait until you got your rims in to make sure they will fit

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
And I still have 2 sets of these if anyone is looking for locks for their wheels with 22mm lug nuts

Users who are viewing this thread