5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced collision warning going off over bridge! Everytime?

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
This has me intrigued to what might cause this. I have had my truck a little over 4 months and this happened the 1st week I had and many times since. When I cross a bridge from Ashland, KY to Ohio my BRAKE! Collision warning light goes off in the same spot every time. No cars around. All I can think off is the steel in the bridge or some type radio waves or something being transmitted from the bride. It is a Cantilevered steel bridge. It is clock work, same spot on the bridge everytime. I have to pull over a mile down the road and restart the truck to reset the computer or the advanced collision warning stays off. Pusseling?

Attachments

• 6CC7C986-E2D8-499F-9AE9-B82A8F12218C.jpeg
    6CC7C986-E2D8-499F-9AE9-B82A8F12218C.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 36

cjmst23

Reaction score
That would suck if a false alarm causes the truck to auto-engage the brakes in addition to the warning light and chime

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The senors/camera (does it have a camera?) are apparently picking something up which the computer is determining will likely cause a crash... mine went off the other day as I was exiting our under building parking, the exit is a roll up steel mesh grate.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
The senors/camera (does it have a camera?) are apparently picking something up which the computer is determining will likely cause a crash... mine went off the other day as I was exiting our under building parking, the exit is a roll up steel mesh grate.

Great point! Probably the angle of the bridge roadway and the height of the steel beam at the spot cause the false alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread