5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adv Safety Group. LIMITED Level 1

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you use the features? Would you still get the truck with adaptive cruise, lane keep, etc? Or could you take them or leave them? Why or why not?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I love ACC. I love it so much that I'm adding it to my truck along with all the other safety features. It wasn't an option for the Big Horn when I bought mine. If you use cruise a lot like me, you will want it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t forget about the 360 camera.

Love ACC and the 360 camera, but the rest of the options I don’t use

Appyfan

Reaction score
+1 on the ACC & 360 cameras. Also really like the blind spot monitoring. The active braking/forward collision. it’s only happened twice-both times on a 2 lane highway when car ahead was grandma turning into their driveway, and I had the adaptive cruise on. I let it go and just covered the brake pedal in case. It seems aggressive for as far away as I was. I have seen multiple posts that people have turned the active braking off & just kept the audible warning. Lane keep is interesting, but also a little weird. I drive a lot of rural 2 lanes, and always go at least halfway into the oncoming lane if someone is walking on the shoulder. If you don’t use your signal, the truck will fight you a bit to cross the center line.

I’ve only had my Limited about a month. I have all the tech toys turned on-still in the honeymoon phase, LOL.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in a rural area and am a big cruise control user on my car and my motorcycle. One car has ACC and one doesn’t and the one with ACC is so much more livable than constantly up and down on the cruise buttons. It just makes life a little easier.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree with the others. ACC, blind spot monitoring, and surround view camera are awesome. I keep the other nanny features turned off or don’t use them.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
To me H&K sound system and ventilated rear seat has 0 utility, so went with ASG rather than L1

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ACC and the Cameras are great.
Blindspot is a miss. I can't see the amber indicators very well, but don't feel like we've got blindspots like every Infiniti my wife has owned.

davidajpritchard

Reaction score
Only thing I've turned off is the rear break assist, it stopped the truck abruptly twice backing over a curb.
I was talking to another owner that said he got stuck in his driveway because the truck was thinking the road was an obstacle because of the angle

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have Lane Sense off, tried it a few times but turned it off, love the 360° camera and the blind spot cross path detection is nice. Haven't used the ACC
No way I'd buy a Limited or Longhorn and not get Level 1

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No way I'd get it without it.

ACC and the Cameras are great.
Blindspot is a miss. I can't see the amber indicators very well, but don't feel like we've got blindspots like every Infiniti my wife has owned.

The indicators are nice for me, the audible alerts are better, love 'em.

Infiniti and Nissan SUVs seem to have huge blind spots, or at least every one I've ever sat in (which, admittedly, isn't many). Wife had a coworker whom drove a Nissan Murano (not the most recent body style, but the one right before it); a bloody Chevrolet Suburban fit in its blind spot! He got into an accident as a result.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with any of the features that are part of the Adv Safety Group or Limited Level 1? Cameras not working, modules failing, error codes, etc.?

I'm still on the fence whether to tell the dealer to still try and add it to my build. I need to decide soon. It would be an estimated additional 4 weeks to delivery.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive gotten the warning message of “FCW / ACC limited functionality” on my old 2016. It came and went briefly maybe twice over about 3 years. Didn’t stop me from getting ACC again

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love ACC. I love it so much that I'm adding it to my truck along with all the other safety features. It wasn't an option for the Big Horn when I bought mine. If you use cruise a lot like me, you will want it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque
Is it difficult or expensive to add? Really that is the only feature in the package I care about.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it difficult or expensive to add? Really that is the only feature in the package I care about.

r0bd

Reaction score
I'm holding off on the purchase of my 1500 entirely because I can't order a Laramie with the ACC. My wife's Grand Cherokee has it and it makes road trips + traffic way more tolerable. If i'm driving it home from Louisiana to New Jersey, it will have ACC or I might lose my mind.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm holding off on the purchase of my 1500 entirely because I can't order a Laramie with the ACC. My wife's Grand Cherokee has it and it makes road trips + traffic way more tolerable. If i'm driving it home from Louisiana to New Jersey, it will have ACC or I might lose my mind.
I ended up ordering a Limited. Getting a similarly equipped Laramie was within $2k, even with slightly better rebate. You can get AAC on a Limited, either as a common feature on lit trucks (unlike on Laramie) or an order.

Last edited:

Gitter

Reaction score
I ended up ordering a Limited. Getting a similarly equipped Laramie was within $2k, even with slightly better rebate.
I did the same. Almost 7000 miles later, I am still incredibly glad I did.

The 360 camera and the ACC have been so so very useful. I can't imagine how many curse words it has saved me from saying.

Additionally, my kids still mention how glad they are that the rear seats are heated (and now cooled since the temps are slowly climbing). That alone sells it for me.

Best of all, the resale value of a Limited should be better than a similarly equipped Laramie, so there is some extra piece of mind

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the same. Almost 7000 miles later, I am still incredibly glad I did.

The 360 camera and the ACC have been so so very useful. I can't imagine how many curse words it has saved me from saying.

Additionally, my kids still mention how glad they are that the rear seats are heated (and now cooled since the temps are slowly climbing). That alone sells it for me.

Best of all, the resale value of a Limited should be better than a similarly equipped Laramie, so there is some extra piece of mind
All the things you like I didn't get on my Limited order. LOL. Only got BUG and block heater as extras. In WI and won't have many rear seat passengers, so ventilated rear seats not a big deal and did not want the HK system. Kind of regret not getting the Adv Safety Group for the AAC, but not a major thing (and would delay delivery about a month). This was already pushing the envelope on cost for what we find acceptable on a vehicle, but 0% (sold order protected) and $4000+ more on trade than the purchase price of my Laramie last fall made it acceptable.

Gitter

Reaction score
All the things you like I didn't get on my Limited order. LOL. Only got BUG and block heater as extras. In WI and won't have many rear seat passengers, so ventilated rear seats not a big deal and did not want the HK system. Kind of regret not getting the Adv Safety Group for the AAC, but not a major thing (and would delay delivery about a month). This was already pushing the envelope on cost for what we find acceptable on a vehicle, but 0% (sold order protected) and $4000+ more on trade than the purchase price of my Laramie last fall made it acceptable.
Good deal! Sounds like you got what you needed and that's always the key.

I didn't want the HK either, but very few Limiteds come with only the Adv Safety Gp, and like you, I didn't want to wait extra just for an overpriced speaker upgrade. Still worth it (for me and my wants/needs)

Users who are viewing this thread