5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adjusting the 5100's

jwilliams

Reaction score
I had a mechanic install the 5100's and he put the circlip in the wrong spot(Instead of 1 slot from the top, he put it 1 slot from the bottom). Question for any mechanics out there, Can you compress the spring while it is in place to adjust the circlip? Or do I have to remove the entire strut unit again. Looking at it, I would guess I have 2"+ of compression in that spring.
The mechanic was a friend doing me a favor, so I want to see if there is a easier way to adjust the height.
What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_170427.jpg
    IMG_20200713_170427.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 73

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as I know you need to remove the strut and the spring to change the height setting. I’ve never heard of or seen anybody do it without removing it from the truck.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think it would be impossible to do but you would really need to compress that spring down. It would be easier to just pull the assembly out and fix it the correct way unfortunately.

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
I read a lot of people trying to do this before in f150 and toyota forums, always came back to having to take the entire strut out.

Users who are viewing this thread