5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adjustable pedal removal and access to Firewall Metal

cbecra1

Reaction score
I am sound proofing the Ram and wanted to know if anyone has done the same. I would like to see what it takes to remove the adjustable pedal assembly and plastic covering against the firewall so you can run the sound deadening material as high up the firewall as possible.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am sound proofing the Ram and wanted to know if anyone has done the same. I would like to see what it takes to remove the adjustable pedal assembly and plastic covering against the firewall so you can run the sound deadening material as high up the firewall as possible.
I don't know about the plastic but I had to have the adjustable pedal assembly completely replaced by the dealer. I know for a fact they removed the steering column to replace the power adjustable pedal assembly because the scratched up the lens on my instrument cluster when they removed all the trim to get the column out. Told me it was a one day repair to swap the pedal assy then called me at the end of the day to tell me they had to remove the steering column and there was a piece inside of the column that is a one time use item and they didn't have the replacement piece and could not reassemble the column until the following day when the part came in. But this could be a situation where the manual says to remove the column to makes things easier when really you can do it without removing the column its just a bit more of a PITA.

cbecra1

Reaction score
I actually pulled the carpet back last night and the plastic covering pulls back very easily...should be able to run the sound proofing very far up the firewall.

Users who are viewing this thread