5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adjustable cargo tie down hooks

Ram12375

Reaction score
My backcountry came without the 4 adjustable cargo tie downs by mopar. They said they would install them for free but said they need it for the entire day. I think I will try to do it myself to avoid hanging out at the dealer for 8 hours.(dealer is 2 hours away). Does anybody know how difficult this would be? Also if anybody has a picture of the ones that come on the backcountry, I'd appreciate it so I will know dealer are giving me the right ones

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My backcountry came without the 4 adjustable cargo tie downs by mopar. They said they would install them for free but said they need it for the entire day. I think I will try to do it myself to avoid hanging out at the dealer for 8 hours.(dealer is 2 hours away). Does anybody know how difficult this would be? Also if anybody has a picture of the ones that come on the backcountry, I'd appreciate it so I will know dealer are giving me the right ones
I’m guessing the rail the tie downs go in has not been installed yet either? It doesn’t look like a terribly hard thing to do, I think 8 bolts on each side, but I don’t know if the bolt holes come from the factory or if you have to drill and tap threads into the bed. Here’s a pic of the tie downs in my bed.

Attachments

• E6BA98D3-63F7-4E06-A947-E4B7483FC8FD.jpeg
    E6BA98D3-63F7-4E06-A947-E4B7483FC8FD.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 65

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
if dealer installs it than it is covered by warranty
if you install it and something goes wrong no coverage.
it looks easy but looks can be deceiving

what ever you decide good luck

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The rails are installed using rivnuts. The rivnuts are hexagonal in shape as well as the holes in the bed. They are installed using a tool designed for them, however there is a method to get around the tool.

Ram12375

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Looks pretty straightforward. Dealer quoted me over one thousand dollars to have it installed if they were going to charge me for it, which they weren't. I'm gonna have to call b.s. on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online