5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adjustable Bed Cleat Tie Downs - RAM vs Toyota

x50

Reaction score
I kept my adjustable tie downs from my 2011 Tacoma and to my surprise they work with the rails in the RAM. The Toyota ones are beefier and way more heavy duty than the RAM ones.

PXL_20211221_184149340.jpg

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, I did the exact same thing. Took them off my 2017 Tacoma (when it got totaled), and now have them on my TRX. They're definitely beefier. But they don't seem to lock into the notched stops very well.

x50

Reaction score
Funny, I did the exact same thing. Took them off my 2017 Tacoma (when it got totaled), and now have them on my TRX. They're definitely beefier. But they don't seem to lock into the notched stops very well.
Yeah, I don't think my 2011 had notches. I think they will stay in place after you tighten them down.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
My truck didn't come with the rails. I scored some Tundra rails on facebook with four cleats for 35 bucks. Had to trim the rails some, but looks like it should be there.
34615a34655fffe2ad869f7cd1102792.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I kept my adjustable tie downs from my 2011 Tacoma and to my surprise they work with the rails in the RAM. The Toyota ones are beefier and way more heavy duty than the RAM ones.

View attachment 114424
I had the deck rail system on my 2008 Tundra and noticed the Ram tie downs were similar. The Toyota adjustable tie downs are bigger, but the rails on the Ram are much beefier. I used the Tundra tie downs to secure my dirt bikes and the taller tie down, combined with the thinner rails, the tie downs would flex upward quite a bit. I was always afraid the rails were going to flex far enough that the tie down would pull out, but it never happened. The rails on the Ram don't flex at all when I tie down my dirt bike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online