5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Additional resonator?

NJC1684

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an additional resonator in front of their aftermarket muffler to help with drone? If so, did if work? Yes, this would be a total of four resonators.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone installed an additional resonator in front of their aftermarket muffler to help with drone? If so, did if work? Yes, this would be a total of four resonators.
I know there are a few people I've read of putting in a J pipe to cut down drone.

Something like this maybe?

Limo21

Reaction score
I had both of my resonators removed after the installation of the Magnaflow 18" muffler. I'm very happy with the results.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had both of my resonators removed after the installation of the Magnaflow 18" muffler. I'm very happy with the results.
I'm tossing around the idea of the B2 res deletes. How does it actually change the sound? Louder? Or different?

Limo21

Reaction score
After the removal of the resonators, the sound was slightly louder, but not uncomfortable so. I had a slight done at low RPM's with resonators in place. The drone has gone away at same RPM range once they were removed. And I'm happy report my wife likes the sound of the truck!!! :)

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After the removal of the resonators, the sound was slightly louder, but not uncomfortable so. I had a slight done at low RPM's with resonators in place. The drone has gone away at same RPM range once they were removed. And I'm happy report my wife likes the sound of the truck!!! :)
I think I'm gonna order the res delete and 5" tips from B2

Users who are viewing this thread