5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding wireless charging

Daniel H

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out their phone stand area for the oem wireless charging one?

BooShaker

Reaction score
I haven't talked to a dealer about it personally but there are a few threads on here of people that have. Apparently it's pretty price. Something like $250 for the part and then you have to take apart the whole center stack. There some other DIY wireless options that look pretty clean in those threads too. It's worth using the search feature.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found this to be much cheaper, easier to use and easy to install

2ff72ebef13bb97f2b5551ccb54a3c50.jpg

YngwieL

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the OEM wireless charging unit as well, but then realized that my S20 is to tall in the current phone holder in my 2019 Rebel (fits, but hits the bottom edge of the trailer brake control), So I imagine if I got the OEM charging station and spent all that time and money installing it, the phone would be to tall, and not sit flat against the Charger to charge...

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I found this to be much cheaper, easier to use and easy to install

2ff72ebef13bb97f2b5551ccb54a3c50.jpg

Do you have a link to the charger and install instructions?

I was thinking about getting the OEM wireless charging unit as well, but then realized that my S20 is to tall in the current phone holder in my 2019 Rebel (fits, but hits the bottom edge of the trailer brake control), So I imagine if I got the OEM charging station and spent all that time and money installing it, the phone would be to tall, and not sit flat against the Charger to charge...

I have the S20+ and it fits in the phone holder perfectly, doesn't touch my brake controller at all. Do you have a bulky case on your phone?

YngwieL

Reaction score

I have the S20+ and it fits in the phone holder perfectly, doesn't touch my brake controller at all. Do you have a bulky case on your phone?
i do have a clear gel case on mine.. i went out, and it just fit in there without the case.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

+1.. no issues here!

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Got it from Canadian Amazon.

This is the us link:

Fast Wireless Car Charger, ZealSound Qi-Certified Car Charge Slim Pad Station Dock & Phone Holder for Car with USB QC 3.0 Adapter 10W/7.5W Quick Charging Compatible for All Qi Enabled Phones (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H88Q7KJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4HX0739PFQGTB9E0Y7QP

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Last edited:

Highertechnology

Reaction score
I have OEM wireless charger in my truck but my phone is too big in 2021 to register. So I got a bulletpoint mount and ordered a 20mm ball to 17mm ball adapter and use the MagSafe charger in a MagSafe spigen mount to the AC plug. Charges 15w and is clean.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
I have OEM wireless charger in my truck but my phone is too big in 2021 to register. So I got a bulletpoint mount and ordered a 20mm ball to 17mm ball adapter and use the MagSafe charger in a MagSafe spigen mount to the AC plug. Charges 15w and is clean.
Pics?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread