5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adding usb charger to rear part of center console looking for ground

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 quad putting a usb charger in. I have the hot ran to under my steering wheel and plan on putting a add a fuse to 66 This is the one everyone else is using. Wating for Micro add a fuse to show up. No auto parts store around me carries Mico one. Most dont have mico fuses. I saw it on a previous thread but cant find now. My problem is what I remember reading someone said there was a screw in bottom of console frame going into floor that they used for ground. I see no screw. Or anything that looks like it could be used for ground. Any one have nay suggestion where to run the ground? I was thinking the seat bolt? What kind of tool is needed for removing this.(picture 2). I really dont want to have to put a self tap screw if I don't have to.

Any suggestions

r? B842C106-6037-42FF-BEC5-F0B0A68685C7_1_105_c.jpeg

E7A603EB-4156-446D-8017-E4BB80FCBBA9_1_105_c.jpeg

71C65FF2-4C63-464D-9BAD-F8A9E29CA347_1_105_c.jpeg

Duran

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 quad putting a usb charger in. I have the hot ran to under my steering wheel and plan on putting a add a fuse to 66 This is the one everyone else is using. Wating for Micro add a fuse to show up. No auto parts store around me carries Mico one. Most dont have mico fuses. I saw it on a previous thread but cant find now. My problem is what I remember reading someone said there was a screw in bottom of console frame going into floor that they used for ground. I see no screw. Or anything that looks like it could be used for ground. Any one have nay suggestion where to run the ground? I was thinking the seat bolt? What kind of tool is needed for removing this.(picture 2). I really dont want to have to put a self tap screw if I don't have to.

Any suggestions

r? View attachment 93855

View attachment 93859

View attachment 93858
Its a special order tool. The Chrysler 300 takes the same. And dodge dart takes a special one as well

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it’s the same as the rear seats you can use a plain old 10mm socket to remove those bolts.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
No too crazy about taping into oem wire harness. Besides it is a very thin gauge wire and there are 4 of them. Don’t know what is what on the wiring

Users who are viewing this thread