5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding USB accessories?

NewRam19

Reaction score
My new Ram doesn’t have the rear seat USB ports or the 115v socket. Is there a way to swap out the rear of the console to add that? Can that feature be purchased separately?

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Not that I have seen yet. There is a thread https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/adding-back-seat-usb-and-or-110.3114/#post-59849 where someone was going to put some golf cart USB ports in the back. Waiting to see how he gets the plastic off to mount them. If it were to be OEM it would require installation of an inverter for the 110. And probably a switch since my 2011 1500 had a button to turn the 110v on and off. I was going to ask my dealer when I was in the other week getting a remote start installed but I completely forgot. Keep us posted to what you find out.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I remember the 4th gens having a switch to power up the household outlet, but the 5th gens don't have a button to turn them on. One less thing you'd have to add.

Users who are viewing this thread