5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Upper Door Tweeters from 19 Speaker System to Alpine

spb_sloram

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience adding in some extra speakers? Thinking of adding the tweeters on the doors on the trim piece that covers the mirror - I just can’t find a part number for the piece with the speaker grille on it. Can’t imagine it being plug and play either.

Currently sitting at the dealer getting the back window rattle looked at :mad: Loving the truck so far but the sound system could use a bit of help

Jayturk

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. The doors are midrange/bass only so I will not be able to get a signal from there. I'm thinking tapping into the dash speaker, run the line to the door and surface mount in that blank spot by the mirror. I will need to add an inline resistor because I'm replacing the 3.5 also.

Jayturk

Reaction score
I replaced my factory speakers today, it was a straight forward task no surprises. I wanted to run a pair of tweeters to the blank space by the mirror. I thought I would tap into the dash speakers, run that wire in the dash through to the door, no such luck. The wires in the loom that connects from the door to what I thought was just the dash, is a space that is separated from the actual dash. It's a compartment that has a back wall, virtually impossible for me to run a lead for the tweeters. If someone has a solution/suggestion I am more than willing to hear, thanks in advance for your comments.

jlfkb2

Reaction score
I replaced my factory speakers today, it was a straight forward task no surprises. I wanted to run a pair of tweeters to the blank space by the mirror. I thought I would tap into the dash speakers, run that wire in the dash through to the door, no such luck. The wires in the loom that connects from the door to what I thought was just the dash, is a space that is separated from the actual dash. It's a compartment that has a back wall, virtually impossible for me to run a lead for the tweeters. If someone has a solution/suggestion I am more than willing to hear, thanks in advance for your comments.
Which ones did you replace, and with what brand/model? I'm running the Alpine system and speaker replacement is top of my list.

Jayturk

Reaction score
I have the 9 speaker Alpine as well, I replaced the corner dash with Kickers 3.5 (Kicker KSC3504), and front doors Kicker CSC693 Speakers. I should have invested in a 6x9 sub, there are no highs in the door. I was going to add tweeters in the blank space by the mirror, after listening, highs are greatly improved. Kicker KSC6930 will go into the rear doors. Will eventually replace dash center speaker and rear roof speakers.

Jayturk

Reaction score
When I removed the door panel and the front speaker, there was moisture, like it rained inside the door.

Jayturk

Reaction score
With the dash speakers, front and rear doors installed there is a remarkable improvement in the quality of the highs. I will order another pair to replace the center dash speaker, with that being said, I don't think I will try to install the tweeters it may be overkill. So far, I am really pleased with the sound.

Jayturk

Reaction score
I added my tweeters, not in the location that I wanted but I added them. Now I really feel satisfied with the sound, I have the
crisp sound of hi-hats.
84373E0E-A737-44AB-BAF9-50086EA77742.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread