5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding tow mirror question

Kooch80

Reaction score
Had anyone tried to add power folding tow mirror's from an HD truck to these new 1500's? I really want my tow mirrors back but also need/want the folding option

Farble

Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well, let me know if you find out anything.

My dealer accidentally ordered me a 2020 RAM with Trailer Brake Control instead of Trailer Tow Group (so I'm missing the tow mirrors). I'm a bit bummed about it but not enough to turn down delivery of the truck, especially since the mirrors that come with the tow group are manual folding.

Toytruck

Reaction score
Do you have the blind spot indicator, heated mirror, tinted mirrors?

TimW451

Reaction score
Had anyone tried to add power folding tow mirror's from an HD truck to these new 1500's? I really want my tow mirrors back but also need/want the folding option
It doesn’t look like they fit the 1500. The “Things to Know” section says the mounting points are different. It would’ve been great if they fit!

Kooch80

Reaction score

derp

Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well, let me know if you find out anything.

My dealer accidentally ordered me a 2020 RAM with Trailer Brake Control instead of Trailer Tow Group (so I'm missing the tow mirrors). I'm a bit bummed about it but not enough to turn down delivery of the truck, especially since the mirrors that come with the tow group are manual folding.
get some cover extensions for the mirrors and count your blessings.

Farble

Reaction score
get some cover extensions for the mirrors and count your blessings.

I got in touch with CIPA and they said they should have a set of mirror attachments near the end of the year.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I have a 21' foot boat I tow, and I went from tow mirrors to non-tow. I do not miss the tow mirrors at all.

Toytruck

Reaction score
I have a 21' foot boat I tow, and I went from tow mirrors to non-tow. I do not miss the tow mirrors at all.

Where did you get the non tow mirrors? I have tow mirrors and dont car for the split image.

thetalonguy

Reaction score
Get these and forget about your problem.

K Source 80730 Snap & Zap Custom Fit Towing Mirror for Dodge Ram 1500 Non-Classic Models (2019+), Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QV9VX3D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_2QJrEbSACER8Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do these have that cu
Get these and forget about your problem.

K Source 80730 Snap & Zap Custom Fit Towing Mirror for Dodge Ram 1500 Non-Classic Models (2019+), Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QV9VX3D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_2QJrEbSACER8Q

Are these the same from Rock Auto?
If so, may be a little cheaper.

I don’t have the courtesy side lights on my mirrors, so will these covers just have empty holes ?

Konrad

Reaction score
Do these have that cu

I don’t have the courtesy side lights on my mirrors, so will these covers just have empty holes ?

Yep, look the same to me, only cheaper goddamit

The cutouts have transparent lexan inserts, so I think they'll look good even without lights behind them.

gtxdana

Reaction score
Do these have that cu

The 80730 is the correct mirror and cheaper at Rock Auto, until you add in the high cost of shipping from Rock Auto. $30 if you want them in a week, $12 if you can wait 1.5+ weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/