5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding tie down locations

BamaEngineer

Reaction score
I don’t have the bed utility rails. I’m looking to add some more tie down locations in addition to the 4 (isn’t this minimal??) that comes in the bed.

Has anyone done this using the existing holes in the bed? I figure there would be something out there we could put in.

Thanks!

2020 Laramie EcoDiesel 2WD - Billet Silver
Bone stock!

Medgas24

Reaction score
I have the bull rings in all 4 spots on the side of the bed. Just know that you have to cut the plastic and also the front bull rings are a different style then the back ones. there is a install video on youtube that tells you the part numbers

BamaEngineer

Reaction score
I wasn’t wanting to put anything on the top of the bed rails. I was hoping to use the existing holes in the side of the bed. Where the utility rails attach.

2020 Laramie EcoDiesel 2WD - Billet Silver
Bone stock!

highgear2005

Reaction score
I’m sticking with the factor four! Those bed rails scare me. They might be ok for small light weight loads. But I’d never trust them on anything heavy. Years back, friend of mine added tie downs to a cargo trailer. Hauling garden tractors. He got pulled over by the state. After two cops crawled underneath and over his trailer, it was expensive fine. He could have bought a new trailer for what he paid. That’s why I never add or modify any factory anchors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I have the bull rings in all 4 spots on the side of the bed. Just know that you have to cut the plastic and also the front bull rings are a different style then the back ones. there is a install video on youtube that tells you the part numbers

i have the Bull rings as well and got the flush mount so you can’t really see them as they do not stick up.

Users who are viewing this thread