5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding some drain holes to my bed: good idea or put the drill down?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks,

My bed does not drain well. Water collects up at the front corners (due to the rake). Sure, it eventually dries. I'd rather it drain.

So, I'm thinking of adding some lightness. ;)

I'll check the underbody and make sure there's nothing beneath where I'll drill (so water wont intrude where it shouldn't into the chassis/underbody).

Has anyone done this? Any pointers?

(I'll obviously keep it small, about 1/4" to 1/2" or so, with plenty of oil-based primer after I drill.

Thanks,
Ken

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks,

My bed does not drain well. Water collects up at the front corners (due to the rake). Sure, it eventually dries. I'd rather it drain.

So, I'm thinking of adding some lightness. ;)

I'll check the underbody and make sure there's nothing beneath where I'll drill (so water wont intrude where it shouldn't into the chassis/underbody).

Has anyone done this? Any pointers?

(I'll obviously keep it small, about 1/4" to 1/2" or so, with plenty of oil-based primer after I drill.

Thanks,
Ken
I feel your pain as I used to have that problem until I discovered a faster way to get the water out of the bed:

Frozenwater

Reaction score
Mines pretty sealed as well, I'm curious if the guy who prayed in my bed liner sealed something

Users who are viewing this thread