5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding remote start to 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn

rmathews1970

Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 that is pretty well equipped, but does not have remote start. I have the Ram connect app and can Lock/Unlock from
the app on my phone, but I don't have remote start on my key fob or on the app. With all of the other information and functionality on the app, and the fact that
it is push button start, I would assume that the capability should be there to add remote start in the app through programming as I am a programmer myself.
Probably a box that could be checked when connected through the dealer software, that they will charge $500 for, lol.

StraightArrow

Reaction score
I installed the 12voltsolutions kit, cheap and easy. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tai

Reaction score
Is there a way to add remote access to start truck from app? Mine was not equipped

Loudram

Reaction score
Is there a way to add remote access to start truck from app? Mine was not equipped
No there isn't. I asked about it with my '19 Classic and they said it can't be done since it wasn't installed from the factory. Not even if I installed an OEM remote. So I ended up installing a Start X remote. Easy to install and it always worked. That said there are options for a remote start app. It's a separate company and I think Start X is compatible but there is a monthly fee involved. I don't know much more about it because I never looked into it. Dig around Amazon, you might find it.

Start-X Remote Starter Kit for 2019-2022 RAM 1500 Push to Start || Plug N Play || 3X Lock to Remote Start https://a.co/d/fkITnH6

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread