5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding remote start, enter n go

Kinghs95

Reaction score
Looking to add remote start, keyless entry, and possibly tailgate lowering. I have a 2019 Dodge Ram classic with 5.7 tradesman crew 4wd automatic, and it has power door locks. What steps do I need to take to get remote start and keyless entry? I’m thinking I do them in steps but I want to buy a key fob that will work with everything I eventually want to add. I know i don’t have the wire that goes to the hood latch. But really just need guidance and part numbers to order. I was planning on using obdlinkmax+ and alphaobd to program keys and features but never done anything like this before but I’m a fast leaner.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, there's a huge thread on here on how to add factory features. Should pop up if you doa quick search. Good luck!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You won't need a new fob for keyless entry. There is a detailed thread on how to add it.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I don't know if they make one for the new Rams but I've used Flashlogic starters in the past. Usually plug n play and some you can program different options you do or don't want to turn on when you use the remote to start the car. They use the factory fob as well. They even have some that have an add-on to use an app from your phone.

TCP

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Dodge Ram classic
I think those are considered a 4th generation Ram. The 2019 Ram comes in two body styles, the "Classic" and the "All New". The "All New" 2019 body style is 5th generation.

Users who are viewing this thread