5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding rake after level

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
I have bilsteins all the way around with the fronts at clip #5. Completely leveled my non ORP. Wish I had a little rake. Which way is best, springs or spacer for .5 - 1" of rake. Will I need another alignment?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you do rear ORP springs in the back it would lift your truck .75-1" and no you wouldn't need to do another alignment.

Al Slick

Reaction score
I did exactly what you’re asking and installed ORP springs in the rear end after leveling. My front end on the 5100’s was taller than my rear when I leveled originally but I didn’t want to lower it any. I installed ORP springs in the rear and now have a very slight rake. It didn’t lift the rear very much.. maybe 3/4”

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you wanted to go higher you could always buy a spacer as well. I've seen half inch spacers on eBay and 1 inch spacers up to 3 inches. depends on what you want :D

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did exactly what you’re asking and installed ORP springs in the rear end after leveling. My front end on the 5100’s was taller than my rear when I leveled originally but I didn’t want to lower it any. I installed ORP springs in the rear and now have a very slight rake. It didn’t lift the rear very much.. maybe 3/4”
How did the ORP springs feel in compared to your stock ones? stiffer? bouncier?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the ORP on my 21 and it's not stiff at all.
Sweet. Might buy some factory springs depending on how my level looks once I install it. I want a little bit of rake for when I tow.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Sweet. Might buy some factory springs depending on how my level looks once I install it. I want a little bit of rake for when I tow.
I have a 21 BTS which has the ORP but it is unlabeled. This one rides so much better than the 4th hen I traded for it

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, so I did bilstein, absolutely hated them, kidney punishment.....another day of work...motofab is awesome, factory ride, pavement princess ...go spacers

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, so I did bilstein, absolutely hated them, kidney punishment.....another day of work...motofab is awesome, factory ride, pavement princess ...go spacers
You did the 5100's and hated them? :O I thought about doing those just to hold me off for a few months, but man I might just keep the spacers.

Al Slick

Reaction score
How did the ORP springs feel in compared to your stock ones? stiffer? bouncier?
I noticed tiny bit floatier more comfortable feel and actually think the rear absorbs impacts better with less jarring in the cab. Overall very little difference.

Users who are viewing this thread