5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Oil To The Little Oil Burner

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Limited EcoDiesel with the 4x4 package and air suspension.

I’m 5’10” but it‘s a struggle to add oil even with the suspension lowered all the way down to Entry.

If I use the wife’s kitchen stool I can reach the oil fill port but if I’m going to add oil at a gas station it’s not going to be an easy prospect to reach the oil fill port over the fender.

Perhaps if I remove the plastic engine cover it might make the job easer but here is my experience so far adding oil to the little oil burner.

I‘ve used one of these for years on the other cars but now the bottom spout is to short to reach the engine.

1667534397750.jpeg

So a trip down the Automotive Aisle at Amazon came up with these:

While pricy the Advanced Engine Oil Funnel seems to be the winner.

The spout reaches the engine and once installed it’s stable enough to hold the plastic oil bottle without me having to hold the bottle the entire time it drains.

I’ve thrown away all the other stuff that comes with it and I’m only using the funnel.

I also found the Multi-Functional Oil Funnel and I think I’ll keep one in my RamBox to use when adding oil away from home.

The few times I might add oil away from home I think I’ll just toss the Multi-Functional Oil Funnel in the trash along with the empty oil bottle to avoid the mess of drippy oil.

Last edited:

tom318

Reaction score
That advanced engine oil funnel looks great. I've been using this gray funnel from AST. ITs fits somewhat sung into the oil fill. I'm hoping they make the adapter or I can confirm one of the others will work for our engines. That way I can thread it in and have full confidence when pouring from those 1gal Quaker State jugs!

Down side is these aren't cheap. Luckily for me, my buddy who now moved in across the street is a diesel mechanic and has basically any tool one can think of.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The oil is a pain to add..I've started taking the cover off during oil changes and it's much easier.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pour the bottle sideways, the wide part down not the thin part down. With the bigger jugs I use a funnel with a long hose I can just clip to the hood and let it go. It has a little screen in it to catch debris, often bugs in Florida trying to swim in the oil.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That sounds like an awesome setup. I’d like to see it all done up or at least the funnel with screen. I haven’t seen one like that at the stores at least.

Users who are viewing this thread