5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding OEM Power Steps

tdb0021

Reaction score
Anyone know if it’s possible to add the OEM power steps? I’m sure it’s possible. If anyone has any information such as wiring, programming, etc about this that’d be great. I’m aware of the AMP steps, but I’d like to give these a shot first.

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Interested as well. And what things need to be activated with alphaobd.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

thrasherjosh

Reaction score
If you buy the kit from a dealer, it will come with everything you need to install them. You will have to pin a couple wires and then install the module under the dash. It will work straight out the box once installed too, if you wish to have the digital switch in center stack then you will need to have it programmed at the dealer. I have the 12” screen and did this on my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie a couple mounts after I bought it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrapin Neck

Reaction score
If you buy the kit from a dealer, it will come with everything you need to install them. You will have to pin a couple wires and then install the module under the dash. It will work straight out the box once installed too, if you wish to have the digital switch in center stack then you will need to have it programmed at the dealer. I have the 12” screen and did this on my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie a couple mounts after I bought it!

How much was the kit if you don't mind me asking ?

thrasherjosh

Reaction score
How much was the kit if you don't mind me asking ?

I think it was like 1200.00 shipped to the dealer. I was able to use the 20% coupon I found at my local dealership. It’s about the same as the amp steps. Either way you can’t go wrong with either steps.

Users who are viewing this thread