5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding light switches

M

Mdegen93

Where is everyone putting aftermarket switches for accessories like light bars etc

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I have rear strobes installed on my Magnum headache rack and put the switch for those just to the side of the pull handle for opening the hood. Not the most ideal for a light bar, but it's hidden. You could mount it to the side of the center console just above where your knee goes, that would make for easy access.

M

Mdegen93

I have rear strobes installed on my Magnum headache rack and put the switch for those just to the side of the pull handle for opening the hood. Not the most ideal for a light bar, but it's hidden. You could mount it to the side of the center console just above where your knee goes, that would make for easy access.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too

He57mi

Reaction score
I think it would be cool if you don’t have parking sensors and air suspension, then use the lever there as the light switch.

wpghemi

Reaction score
I think it would be cool if you don’t have parking sensors and air suspension, then use the lever there as the light switch.

I was thinking the same thing! I don't have air and would like to have a light bar switch where the air should be. has anybody done this or know how to?

JLUR_

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing! I don't have air and would like to have a light bar switch where the air should be. has anybody done this or know how to?
It's not possible currently. Those switches are all integrated into a single module that outputs a signal through an 8 pin connection.

He57mi

Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone has done this. But if it’s achievable then it will be so cool haha. However, I think first you need to order an OEM lever or the whole lever system. I also see a Demon owner 3D printed a set of switch, which also looks pretty cool and customizable. Sorry about my English if I made any mistake. :)

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Good so far. Use it for my volunteer firefighter lights and my Rigid off road light.
Post up...I'm planning my lighting setup but can't solidify anything until I get the truck in and get some measurements

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Post up...I'm planning my lighting setup but can't solidify anything until I get the truck in and get some measurements

Once I get my electronic air horn in I will take pics of everything and if it ever stops raining :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread