5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding LED strips to factory bed lights

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone done this?
I figure that’s power and a switch to feed the LEDs, and these would go on/off with the oem lights

Reactions: c3k

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Yeah I added strips inside the bed, I wired
Right into the factory switch in the bed , so all the lights operate oem .

Nickv1214

Reaction score

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Definitely pop the tail light out quick to take a peak in there . There’s a little plastic tab holding the switch in place I just don’t remember if that was on the top or bottom but that needs to come out first so you don’t break the tab

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone done this?
I figure that’s power and a switch to feed the LEDs, and these would go on/off with the oem lights
Take some pictures when you do this. I'm interested. ;)

Frozenwater

Reaction score
I only have the light by the break light. Hopefully I still have a switch. Would love to add lights.

Anyone have pics of the switch?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only have the light by the break light. Hopefully I still have a switch. Would love to add lights.

Anyone have pics of the switch?

Are you talking about the light at lower left on this pic?

7ae70696be6d32cef3577b2847eb2cb0.jpg

There is a switch at the bottom of that light.

Frozenwater

Reaction score
Ya. I got the Canadian sport. Lots of options.
No trailer controller. No bed lights. Just the white light on the upper brake light.

I did some testing. Nothing activates by opening the gate. So I'm thinking of installing a rocker switch where your light is.. tham add lights along each side. I'm.sure I can tap 12v constant off the trailer wires.

I'd thought maybe there was a switch for when the tail gate is open. But not that I can seem to find.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
My Son added some bed lights to his similar to bed light kit, installed in black covers and used a round push button red lighted switch. Came out very nice and was inexpensive. Used LEDs from Amazon.

Frozenwater

Reaction score
My Son added some bed lights to his similar to bed light kit, installed in black covers and used a round push button red lighted switch. Came out very nice and was inexpensive. Used LEDs from Amazon.
Yes this is what I was thinking

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ya. I got the Canadian sport. Lots of options.
No trailer controller. No bed lights. Just the white light on the upper brake light.

I did some testing. Nothing activates by opening the gate. So I'm thinking of installing a rocker switch where your light is.. tham add lights along each side. I'm.sure I can tap 12v constant off the trailer wires.

I'd thought maybe there was a switch for when the tail gate is open. But not that I can seem to find.

I have a Canadian sport as well
Bed utility group was one of the options I got, which included the lights

Frozenwater

Reaction score
I have a Canadian sport as well
Bed utility group was one of the options I got, which included the lights
Oh nice. Never saw the option lol. I'm trying to figure out what trips the lights to come on when gate opens. My lights do not react

Users who are viewing this thread