5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding interior lights

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
I want to add interior lights that will come on/off when the doors open, etc. Where is the best / easiest place to find a tap ? I will or can add a separate fuse if necessary.
Concerned, also, that when I disconnect the battery ( negative post with ISB ) I will have to return to the dealer to have the ECM/CPU reconfigured.

Thanks in advance for any help and recommendations.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
www.Lasfit.com

100% Plug & Play - nothing to program, no AlfaOBD required. I had them in one of our 2018 Ram Longhorns with zero issues. Plug, play & enjoy.

10% off right now or use their site to look up the LEDs you need and then price compare with their Amazon prices. They are inexpensive but last...have had them in my truck with zero issues, just installed in another family truck with zero issues and have numerous coworkers who have been running them much, much longer than me and no issues.

Great bulbs and fantastic customer service if you prefer to call them. Also, they have plenty of videos and instructions on their website and YouTube. Purchase from a high quality, high volume manufacturer and not some low volume outfit just out to take your money.

Or purchase on Amazon. These interior lights are bright and light the interior up as soon as you open the door.

Just be certain to stay away from Underground Lighting of Florida. Poor customer service and junk parts.

ALBOY29

Reaction score
I want to add interior lights that will come on/off when the doors open, etc. Where is the best / easiest place to find a tap ? I will or can add a separate fuse if necessary.
Concerned, also, that when I disconnect the battery ( negative post with ISB ) I will have to return to the dealer to have the ECM/CPU reconfigured.

Thanks in advance for any help and recommendations.
I installed two led strip lights under the rear seats as well as under my running boards.

I used the rear driver side dome light for the floor lights and the pass side for the Under seat lights. I opted this tap since they do fade in/out when you lock unlock close the door etc.
Under the rear seats you’ll find some plastic plugs in the sheet metal you can drill a grommet through and silicone the wires out each side to the running boards. Overall it cost me about $50 56FFFBAE-AB9A-4F16-B99D-341DFDA765FC.jpeg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I installed two led strip lights under the rear seats as well as under my running boards.

I used the rear driver side dome light for the floor lights and the pass side for the Under seat lights. I opted this tap since they do fade in/out when you lock unlock close the door etc.
Under the rear seats you’ll find some plastic plugs in the sheet metal you can drill a grommet through and silicone the wires out each side to the running boards. Overall it cost me about $50
I think you need to add a few more lights...they can't see your truck yet at the Space Station :ROFLMAO:

HitmanHugh

Reaction score
www.Lasfit.com

100% Plug & Play - nothing to program, no AlfaOBD required. I had them in one of our 2018 Ram Longhorns with zero issues. Plug, play & enjoy.

10% off right now or use their site to look up the LEDs you need and then price compare with their Amazon prices. They are inexpensive but last...have had them in my truck with zero issues, just installed in another family truck with zero issues and have numerous coworkers who have been running them much, much longer than me and no issues.

Great bulbs and fantastic customer service if you prefer to call them. Also, they have plenty of videos and instructions on their website and YouTube. Purchase from a high quality, high volume manufacturer and not some low volume outfit just out to take your money.

Or purchase on Amazon. These interior lights are bright and light the interior up as soon as you open the door.

Just be certain to stay away from Underground Lighting of Florida. Poor customer service and junk parts.
I know this post is about lights, but their floor mats looks great too!

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just had some old left over strips from my old truck.and just "Tap&Splice"

Attachments

• 20201213_145447_InPixio.jpg
    20201213_145447_InPixio.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20201213_145511_InPixio.jpg
    20201213_145511_InPixio.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 53

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score

Under the rear seats you’ll find some plastic plugs in the sheet metal you can drill a grommet through and silicone the wires out each side to the running boards. Overall it cost me about $50 View attachment 77884
That looks awesome !

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
www.Lasfit.com

Thank you !

Users who are viewing this thread