5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Grill Lights

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wanted to install grill lights and looked at some options on how to do it. Sure don't like drilling holes everywhere, so, I had to come up with an idea.
Make a snap in holder for the lights by using ABS Plastic and cut pieces and welding them together with Acetone.

Plate.jpg

These pieces just snap in the frill between the vertical bars in the grill. Drilled a hole for the wiring and mounted the light on them.

Plate3.jpg

Connecting the wiring and snapped them in, no glue, screw or tape.

Installed.jpg

Tested out the lights and everything is working fine. Except the middle on is not hooked up as they send 2 amber ones and one white one. They are nice enough to send me a new amber light.

Lit.jpg

Very happy with the outcome. Hooked them up with a fuse tap to fuse F38.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Great idea! May have to do similar now. Like those elongated lights vs the bullet style many do.

Jack.

Reaction score
Thats very clean, id pay you to put 3 lights on my laramie grille LOOL

MRog40

Reaction score
What lights are those? Have STLs for the snaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcolaram1500

Reaction score
Wanted to install grill lights and looked at some options on how to do it. Sure don't like drilling holes everywhere, so, I had to come up with an idea.
Make a snap in holder for the lights by using ABS Plastic and cut pieces and welding them together with Acetone.

View attachment 117415

These pieces just snap in the frill between the vertical bars in the grill. Drilled a hole for the wiring and mounted the light on them.

View attachment 117416

View attachment 117417

Tested out the lights and everything is working fine. Except the middle on is not hooked up as they send 2 amber ones and one white one. They are nice enough to send me a new amber light.

View attachment 117418

Nicely done. I've had those on for about 3 months now, no issues.

dc51786

Reaction score
Man, if someone made a set of these with the wiring to tap into the fuse box... Take my money!

Rick 22

Reaction score
Nicely done. I've had those on for about 3 months now, no issues.

View attachment 117415

View attachment 117416

View attachment 117417

View attachment 117418

Hooking them up is the part I am not sure about. Can u expand on how to hook up with a fuse tap to fuse F38. Thanks

Rick 22

Reaction score

View attachment 117415

View attachment 117416

View attachment 117417

View attachment 117418

Can u explain how to hook up fuse tap to fuse F38

Users who are viewing this thread