5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding front and rear parking sensors?

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Made the 3 required wiring harnesses today. Still have lots of parts to get ordered, but i wanted to make sure I could get the harnesses figured out and done before spending all the money.

IMG_5832.jpeg

I’m going to try to get the module and these pinned into the existing harnesses tomorrow. Will try to get pictures along the way

Quietpeen

Reaction score
just a FYI if anybody is quietly following along. Things have changed since 2019 and the pinout info in the write-up is not the same on my 2021. I was comparing from the write up of specifically connector B in the picture to a picture of connector B in my truck and what is listed as ground at pin 10 in the write up is a battery + in my truck. Currently Researching into the specific connectors and pin out info for 21 and will post results if I get it figured out.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
just a FYI if anybody is quietly following along. Things have changed since 2019 and the pinout info in the write-up is not the same on my 2021. I was comparing from the write up of specifically connector B in the picture to a picture of connector B in my truck and what is listed as ground at pin 10 in the write up is a battery + in my truck. Currently Researching into the specific connectors and pin out info for 21 and will post results if I get it figured out.
The B connector pin 10 from the write up is different from 2019-2020 vs 2021+, as you found out, but that ground pin doesn’t actually belong to the park assist module anyway. The OP just happened to use an available ground pin on that B connector to use.
In the factory park assist schematic, the park assist module ground wire in it’s C1 connector goes from the module straight to the chassis ground bolt. So, all you need to do is put a ring terminal on the ground wire, and attach it to the chassis ground bolt near the park assist module.
IMG_0117.jpeg

Quietpeen

Reaction score
The B connector pin 10 from the write up is different from 2019-2020 vs 2021+, as you found out, but that ground pin doesn’t actually belong to the park assist module anyway. The OP just happened to use an available ground pin on that B connector to use.
In the factory park assist schematic, the park assist module ground wire in it’s C1 connector goes from the module straight to the chassis ground bolt. So, all you need to do is put a ring terminal on the ground wire, and attach it to the chassis ground bolt near the park assist module.
View attachment 171693
Yea once I figured that out I figured I could ground it anywhere and was going to ask if there was a ground to the chassis anywhere near there.

Is there anyway you can get the pin connections for a 2021 on both connectors for the sensors? I’m taking a guess that the connector under the drivers seat changed because I did the bed light mod and my truck has the wires all the way back to behind the rear wheel and I just bought the oem jumpers. On 2019 that wasn’t possible from what i read in that thread.

for the connector that is called out as A in the write-up i’m wondering if that connector even is the correct on on 21’s. I pulled that one out and i already have wires in some of the locations that are being called out in the write-up.

thanks

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yea once I figured that out I figured I could ground it anywhere and was going to ask if there was a ground to the chassis anywhere near there.

Is there anyway you can get the pin connections for a 2021 on both connectors for the sensors? I’m taking a guess that the connector under the drivers seat changed because I did the bed light mod and my truck has the wires all the way back to behind the rear wheel and I just bought the oem jumpers. On 2019 that wasn’t possible from what i read in that thread.

for the connector that is called out as A in the write-up i’m wondering if that connector even is the correct on on 21’s. I pulled that one out and i already have wires in some of the locations that are being called out in the write-up.

thanks
Connector A and the under driver seat connector are the same for all years as far as park assist wire positions. Some models, years, and trim levels are just more populated with the wires than others.

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Connector A and the under driver seat connector are the same for all years as far as park assist wire positions. Some models, years, and trim levels are just more populated with the wires than others.
awesome thanks. I think i may have figured out my confusion with connector A. I was thinking I needed to pin the male side of the connector and after running down and looking again I’m thinking I have to pin the female connector. I can’t get good pics to get a better look at the empty spots. is there a trick to getting the connector off of the support bracket its on without breaking it?

GTG2022

Reaction score
See post #3
awesome thanks. I think i may have figured out my confusion with connector A. I was thinking I needed to pin the male side of the connector and after running down and looking again I’m thinking I have to pin the female connector. I can’t get good pics to get a better look at the empty spots. is there a trick to getting the connector off of the support bracket its on without breaking it?

Quietpeen

Reaction score
See post #3
not sure this helps just from the pictures but i will check it out tomorrow thanks. I could definitely be wrong .

Quietpeen

Reaction score
See post #3
you said it is held on by slide rails. Do you know if I would have to push it up or down to get it to slide off? Thanks

Quietpeen

Reaction score
I installed the harness going to the plug under the drivers seat today. Didn’t take any pictures but I can say that the roughly 36” length in the write up for the wires would be short. I made mine 39” and it is stretched out. I would say make it more like 4 foot.

Quietpeen

Reaction score
I was wrong I did take a picture of the connector under the seat because I was trying to figure out how to "unlock" the pins. In the pic below you can see two circles. One is the pin locations. The other is a red tab. That tab has to be pushed toward the center of the connector. I don't know if it was required but with needle nose pliars I gently pulled the white cover up to the end of the pins. For all I know that needed to be done first to get the red tab to slide far enough, but maybe not. With that the pins slid it and snapped into place very easily.

Edit for removing this connector. On the cab side there are 3 nuts holding it down. This is not holding the connector sides together, it is just securing both connectors to the sheet metal. From below there are 3 nuts holding on a plastic guard. Once that is removed you will see the other side of the connector and can separate them.

drivers seat plug.jpg

Last edited:

Quietpeen

Reaction score
with the help of @Jimmy07 it has been determined that you don't have to splice into any wires on Connector B in the write-up at all. Through a total screw up of my own I had to look into(and by look into I mean freak out that I screwed something up and went to Jimmy07 for help :ROFLMAO:) what the wires were going to. Turns out the fused ignition at Pin 3 is the factory fused ignition for park sense. The diagram shows that the wire comes from the fuse box to connector B in the Write-up. On a truck that didn't come with parking sensors from the factory there is no wire at pin 3 on the other side of the connector. So for the C1 harness in the write-up you just need to run a wire from pin 1 on the C1 connector and pin the other side of the B connector at #3. Part # for pin is Aptiv 35091062

For the ground for C1 in the Write-up you just need to ground to the chassis just Like Jimmy07 said in post #43 In the picture below I have circled where the existing ground to chassis is right by the new park sense module.

1701273566067.png

Ground location
1701273595191.png

Quietpeen

Reaction score
This weekend I got the other to harnesses pinned and installed. For Pinning the back side of connector B at the #3 spot I figured out how to get the connector off of the bracket which made it a lot easier. In the picture below if you get something with a bit of a hook on it you pry the plastic tab away from the connector and pull the connector toward you. When done it snaps right back in.

Connector Attachment.jpg

Connector A was an absolute PITA to get pinned. I know "HOW" to get it off of the bracket but space limitations and having to do it blind behind the bracket makes it pretty much impossible. Unfortunately I broke the rails off the back of the connector. For anybody who wants to try to get it off without breaking any tabs or rails the picture below is looking at the back of the bracket and the tab that needs to be pried away from the connector and the direction is needs to move. I believe that the connector would slide down if you can get the tab released. I was trying to push up and now really hope that isn't the only reason I couldn't get it off because I was trying to slide it the wrong direction 🤣

Mounting Bracket.JPG

Last edited:

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Here are some part numbers to hopefully help someone in the future. I have a TRX so some part #'s will be specific to the TRX, and the other part numbers for the front bumper might only be specific to the TRX or Rebel.

Interior:
Control Switch assembly 68578985AA (TRX Specific)
Park assist Module 68464879AG (2021-2024 model year)

Front Bumper:
Wiring harness front facia 68475600AA (TRX Specific)
sensors x6 6MK25TZZAA
sensor trim(s)
- 68335630AA (driver fog light bezel)
- 68335631AA (driver side middle)
- 68335632AA Passenger side middle)
- 68335633AA (passenger fog light bezel)
fog light bezel kit 68335957AB
lower grille insert 68274572AA
left(driver) close out panel 68518517AA (TRX Specific)
right(passenger) close out panel 68518516AA (TRX Specific)

Rear Bumper:
Wiring Harness - 68490771AC (2021-2024 model year - This is for 4 sensors and also has the connector for Passive Entry)
Bumper Valance-
- left 68404401AB
- right 68404400AB
- left Outer 68404405AB
- right Outer 68404404AB
Sensors x4 6MK25TZZAA

Last edited:

Quietpeen

Reaction score
I installed the new rear bumper harness and sensors today. I don’t know if it’s becuase I have a TRX, but there was no way I could do this without taking the bumper off. I don’t think I saw in any of the previous posts about taking the bumper off. First problem was the outer most bolt holding the lower trim on that has to come off to swap with the new piece. 2nd problem would be getting the harness christmas tree plugs out from the one section where the hitch completely blocks access.

Luckily the bumper is very light and comes off rather easily. 4 bolts (16mm deep well socket) from behind and one from the top of the bumper (15mm) into the hitch. Then make sure your main harness is disconnected along with the 7 pin trailer plug.

IMG_5969.jpeg

Last edited:

Quietpeen

Reaction score
finally got this finished today. Everything is working as intended. For a trx and I’m assuming a Rebel the front bumper absolutely has to come off and basically be completely disassembled to be able to swap in the fog light bezels and the lower grille with the holes for the sensors. Having a 2nd person makes the job much easier and it went quicker than we anticipated.

IMG_6014.jpeg
IMG_6018.jpeg
IMG_6019.jpeg

Last edited:

igolfdou18

Reaction score
Hello, I understand you make and sell the required wiring harnesses to install the front and rear park sense. I have the module, factory OEM rear wiring harness, rear fascia parts and sensors. I need the tie in to the module. I was going to start with the rear first. I really want the full auto park capability. Are the front parking sensors required. I have the from collision warning warning plus. I have a 2023 Limited. Unfortunately I don’t get the level 1 trim. I have upgraded the screen so I have the button for it. I am adding adaptive cruise control as well. I am not comfortable replacing the abs parts so I will have the dealer do that. I wanted to have this in place prior to a trip to the dealer for that work. If the fron sensors are in fact needed then I need both harnesses. How can I purchase them from you?
Sorry for my absence people.. been Krazy Busy here--- Just some clarification on the harnesses.... the 3 external harnesses are needed, those you can order up from Mopar... the 3 internal harnesses are only required if your DT wasn't pre-wired with them... ALWAYS double check, you may get lucky... Pull drivers kick and look for the 3 connectors/wiring .... off memory there should be a blue, black, and gray connectors. If they are there, you are golden but if you have MY luck, you'll be making them ---

-=FM45=
Hello, I understand you make and sell the required wiring harnesses to install the front and rear park sense. I have the module, factory OEM rear wiring harness, rear fascia parts and sensors. I need the tie in to the module. I was going to start with the rear first. I really want the full auto park capability. Are the front parking sensors required. I have the from collision warning warning plus. I have a 2023 Limited. Unfortunately I don’t get the level 1 trim. I have upgraded the screen so I have the button for it. I am adding adaptive cruise control as well. I am not comfortable replacing the abs parts so I will have the dealer do that. I wanted to have this in place prior to a trip to the dealer for that work. If the fron sensors are in fact needed then I need both harnesses. How can I purchase them from you?
Sorry for my absence people.. been Krazy Busy here--- Just some clarification on the harnesses.... the 3 external harnesses are needed, those you can order up from Mopar... the 3 internal harnesses are only required if your DT wasn't pre-wired with them... ALWAYS double check, you may get lucky... Pull drivers kick and look for the 3 connectors/wiring .... off memory there should be a blue, black, and gray connectors. If they are there, you are golden but if you have MY luck, you'll be making them ---

-=FM45=-
I removed the kick. I didn’t see any obvious harnesses not being used. Has anyone had any luck with these being prewired? Just trying to save myself some time and cost. I want to be sure I am looking in the right place.

Quietpeen

Reaction score
you do not need to add the front sensors to be able to add and enable the rear sensors. It’s just a different setting with AlfaOBD.

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part # for the harness installed to the Park assist sensor 68464879AG?

comes from the front bumper to the driver side kick panel

for the front parking sensor harness.

2022 Ram TRX - level 1

Users who are viewing this thread