5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding dual exhaust to V6

VETTE277

Reaction score
I'm interested in adding dual exhaust to a V6, single exhaust set up.

Any idea what would be involved to do something like this ? Would it be possible to grab a used OEM dual exhaust set up from a 5.7 and swap it ?

Trying to figure out if this is possible and the cost involved (exhaust, replacement rear bumper, etc.)

Thanks!

R

Rob5589

Any reputable exhaust shop can build you what you want. You can't simply bolt on a V8 exhaust. No need to change the bumper unless you want to cut outs of the factory one.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could try to find a 2019 V8 Ram in a wrecking yard and purchase the rear bumper and exhaust system. Then, as Rob5589 said, have a muffler shop fabricate the connections from your V6 to the V8 exhaust.

VETTE277

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies.

Called a few shops and I was quoted from 450 to 650 to build out the dual exhaust (Magnaflow). Does that pricing sound about right ?

R

Rob5589

I appreciate the replies.

Called a few shops and I was quoted from 450 to 650 to build out the dual exhaust (Magnaflow). Does that pricing sound about right ?
Considering some cat backs are more than that, sounds very reasonable.

VETTE277

Reaction score
Good to know. Now the journey of trying to find a reasonable priced rebel oem bumper begins...no luck on craigslist,ebay, or any salvage yards locally.

jmr

Reaction score
I had a 2014 V6 RAM and added takeoff exhaust from a Hemi...it bolted up perfectly.
The dual exhaust rear bumper was bought from ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread