5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding digital rearview mirror to existing 1500

beachdogs

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience adding a digital rearview mirror utilizing the existing backup camera? I found a 1500 with pretty much everything I want except the digital rearview (tech package). Its obviously not a deal-breaker but I had one on my RV I just sold and its actually quite nice to see a full view of everything behind you right in the mirror all the time. Does anyone know if the rearview camera can be left on all the time on half of a 12" Uconnect screen? I know that can't be done on my current Jeep with a much smaller screen. Thanks.

There's a big thread on here about it. The digital mirror uses a camera mounted in the 3rd brake light. You can add it to a 2021, but some lose the mirror dimmer function.

There's a big thread on here about it. The digital mirror uses a camera mounted in the 3rd brake light. You can add it to a 2021, but some lose the mirror dimmer function.
the only one I saw said someone was thinking of doing it and then the thread ended

Does anyone have experience adding a digital rearview mirror utilizing the existing backup camera? I found a 1500 with pretty much everything I want except the digital rearview (tech package). Its obviously not a deal-breaker but I had one on my RV I just sold and its actually quite nice to see a full view of everything behind you right in the mirror all the time. Does anyone know if the rearview camera can be left on all the time on half of a 12" Uconnect screen? I know that can't be done on my current Jeep with a much smaller screen. Thanks.

I've got the tech package and unless I'm wrong, you won't see behind your trailer with the rear view mirror camera. It just shows you what's behind the bed of the truck. Handy if you have a lot of stuff in the back seat, piled high, or your tri-fold tonneau cover is folded up against the back window.

You may be thinking of the trailer camera wiring package?

I've got the tech package and unless I'm wrong, you won't see behind your trailer with the rear view mirror camera. It just shows you what's behind the bed of the truck. Handy if you have a lot of stuff in the back seat, piled high, or your tri-fold tonneau cover is folded up against the back window.

You may be thinking of the trailer camera wiring package?
It won't let you see behind a trailer. But, the OP never said anything about a trailer anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back